Quantcast

48hrs

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
I, and I'm sure most others, had hoped it wouldn't come to this.

I pray that Hussein, his sons and his regime, if they really care about the welfare of their nation, do the right thing and step down.

AP news-wire report (I don't recall their source):
Hussein has orderd the distribution of chemical warheads to troops surrounding Bagdahd. They are believed to contain Anthrax and/or Serin.

Wait! I thought he didn't have them?

i like this line from Daily Show: "...You know you have a strong military when you can tell the enemy where your camp is, what it's called, and when you are coming..."

he will likely order destruction of his entire country's infrastructure before he step down, just like Hitler did. There is no doubt he is a major nut case. But hey, who said we are necesarily talking about Saddam?

LoboDelFuego

Monkey
Mar 5, 2002
I don't think that Hussein is going to step down, that would be a total disgrace considering he has shown no agression whatsoever.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by Damn True

AP news-wire report (I don't recall their source):
Hussein has orderd the distribution of chemical warheads to troops surrounding Bagdahd. They are believed to contain Anthrax and/or Serin.

Wait! I thought he didn't have them?
And even after he uses them on Allied Forces and/or the Iraqi people, we will not get full support from the international community.

:mad:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I'm starting an urban legend right now. I think that Bush's speech last night was taped. He made it 18 minutes without tripping up once. Impossible. Clinton could hardly make it that long without one goof up.

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
I know many a peace-nik that would change their tune if bio/chems are used.

I watched the Bush thing on the whitehouse's website, but during the live stream (not the tape file). It was funny, er, just interesting, it was from a different camera, one off to the right of the big normal camera everyone watched through. When the speech got over, he just stood there, staring into the camera, all "determined-like". Held it for about 5 seconds, then finally eased up and hunched. "Finally I can get back to my crack-cocaine!"

j/k

And you know he practiced a bunch-- Saw him flipping the pages to his written speech, but never had to look down. Almost like a news reporter.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by DRB
I'm starting an urban legend right now. I think that Bush's speech last night was taped. He made it 18 minutes without tripping up once. Impossible. Clinton could hardly make it that long without one goof up.

Yer wrong there, Clinton was widely recognized for being an excellent orator. Like his content or not he gave excellent speeches. Sometimes I listen to the unscripted Bush and just cringe - :p

BTW - I am no Clinton fan. For a time he was very popular; I personally did very well while he was in office, I'm not doing so well with Bush... :(

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Originally posted by Serial Midget
Tele-prompter. :rolleyes:
Have you noticed those cool "glass" ones, for public speeches? Pretty cool, I must say.

I meant he practiced a bunch reading the tele-prompter. His inflection was pretty impressive.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Yer wrong there, Clinton was widely recognized for being an excellent orator. Like his content or not he gave excellent speeches. Sometimes I listen to the unscripted Bush and just cringe - :p

BTW - I am no Clinton fan. For a time he was very popular; I personally did very well while he was in office, I'm not doing so well with Bush... :(
Oh no, I agree. He was one of the best public speakers I have ever seen. Even my dad who is so ridculous to the right that we have to limit our conversations to sports and weather, says that Clinton is the best speaking president we have ever had. Clinton would have had the world in a frenzy looking to kick down Iraq's door.

But even he would slip after 15 minutes or so (remember I'm creating an urban legend). ;) Look at this email I got.....

A friend of mine who works in the White House Press Office was saying that it took 9 tries to get the speech tape correct and even then it needed it to be edited to get all of the mistakes out of it. The crack cocaine line was especially difficult to get out. They decided to leave "nuclar" in as it is consider charming. But most difficult was blocking out Dick Cheney's arm.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by patconnole
Have you noticed those cool "glass" ones, for public speeches? Pretty cool, I must say.

I meant he practiced a bunch reading the tele-prompter. His inflection was pretty impressive.
I actually don't watch W make speeches - on a gut level I just do not like him and I do not trust him. That does not mean I am not in tune with the pending adventures abroad though... :D On the homefront I feel he is making major mistakes and spending way too much money. I wish we could bomb Iraq on the cheap... :p

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
I actually don't watch W make speeches - on a gut level I just do not like him and I do not trust him. That does not mean I am not in tune with the pending adventures abroad though... :D On the homefront I feel he is making major mistakes and spending way too much money. I wish we could bomb Iraq on the cheap... :p
I feel the same way, but I love to watch the speeches. It's like a scary movie. Except, it's America.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
We could drop nickels on them from 30,000', then they could rebuild Iraq themselves? :monkey:

The above statement is stolen, but I am not sure from where...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by Tenchiro
We could drop nickels on them from 30,000', then they could rebuild Iraq themselves? :monkey:

The above statement is stolen, but I am not sure from where...
Yes. Nickles, if deployed properly, could raise alot of dust. :D

Of course it would cost 13 cents to make a nickle suitable for combat military use... still much cheaper than smart bombs. :monkey:

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
FYI: A penny, nickle, or quarter is very unlikely to kill a man, regardless of height dropped. Turns out that the drag on the coins is too much for the terminal velocity to reach a lethal speed.

British pounds on the other hand...

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
I heard him stumble a couple of times. Both during the portion in which he was talking directly to Iraqis. I think he genuinely hopes that this whole thing goes off with as little loss of life as possible regardless of who's side those lives are on.

On the Clinton tip. One of the best public speakers I have ever heard. The content often made me gag, but the delivery was spot on.