Quantcast

495 workday 10/27!!!

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro

when: 12:00pm Saturday 10/27
where: 495 trails
what to bring: shovels, wheelbarrows, rakes, tampers, work gloves, water! we're down to only a few communal shovels at the jumps so please bring your own. if you're feeling generous, home depot has them for $10 and you can donate them to the trails.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
BUMP for the VA folks.

with all the rain we've been getting... it's a great time to get out and throw around some dirt/mud. a group of us will be heading out to work on the mainline of 495 tomorrow from about 8:30am-2:30pm.

i rebuilt the last jump in the set last night and over the past 1.5 months, we have rebuilt the teds and brought some old stuff back to life (although it's currently under water).

bring some shovels and a strong back!

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
the state of 495 address...

brian price, jason boeckmann, andrew cohen, and i (will hale) were hard at work this saturday at 495 rebuilding a good part of the mainline 495 set and adding some improved rollers after the small hip jump on the teds. a lot of stuff was under water thanks to all the rain we have had in NoVa in the last week.

anyways, here are the pics... to any locals, join us tuesday night to ride (if it's dry enough) or to dig some more...

lip of #2 on 495 set:

lip of #4 on 495 set:

lip and landing of #4 of 495 set:

lip of #5 of 495 set:

landing of #5 of 495 set:

lip of #6 of 495 set:

landing of #6 of 495 set:

renovated rollers after smaller hip on #5 of teds:

lots of standing water on big hip after #5 of teds:

another view of standing water on big hip after #5 of teds:

495 is also a frog farm for those environmentally concerned about the future of the frog population (we have tons!):

we made most of the jumps on the 495 set a lot taller and steeper and added some irrigation solutions to the big (teds) set. we still need to improve irrigation out there after heavy rain... i have a feeling that the jumps are going to be the sh*t this summer!!!

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
Looks great! One of the days I am going to make it up there to dig and ride. Keep up the good work.
we've been lucky with weather so far this year although mother nature has punished us this past week with all the rain. we've been working hard over the last 2 months digging and it should be the sh*t this summer. i've been digging/riding about 2-3 times a week although gas has been brutally painful coming from MD...

hopefully, we will be able to organize another a trail jam again this year like we had a few years ago: 2005 495 trail jam