Quantcast

4Cross Track in IrvineHills??????

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
sjcX3oldtown said:
the word is is that some where up in irvine hills there be a track kinda like wht they got going up at sandhill. idnk if its true but if u know anything bout that ???

There was talk over on the SoCal board on Empty Beer about something like that. Near UC Irvine

Homey

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The O.C.
It's beat, and there's only one good lane on it (it's a dual slalom track). The dirt is hard to work with when it's dry too. It was the place to go a few years ago when slalom was cool, which it still is in my opinion!

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Homey said:
It's beat, and there's only one good lane on it (it's a dual slalom track). The dirt is hard to work with when it's dry too. It was the place to go a few years ago when slalom was cool, which it still is in my opinion!
EDIT - removed to keep the place from getting too much attention.

Had you been paying attention - you would know where it is by now.

Homey

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The O.C.
Yes. It's a good place...just needs lots of work. It's like the Sea Otter slalom coarse, really fast though and the jumps erode pretty fast.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Homey said:
Yes. It's a good place...just needs lots of work. It's like the Sea Otter slalom coarse, really fast though and the jumps erode pretty fast.
It was fun... but when I went up there after we dried out from last winters rain - someone had hacked it apart.

I have no idea if it's been fixed or not.

RumDuK

Chimp
May 23, 2005
Orange County
Sweet, i go to UCI, can someone PM me directions to this place.
Also does anyone know where in that trail is thats in the first part of Earthed 2? I know its in Laguna Hills but i have no clue where that is..

Homey

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The O.C.
Anyone do any work on this track in the past few weeks? Have not been in a while and thought someone might do some work with the rains. Might be up for some work this weekend...

Homey

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The O.C.
Track is looking good. 1 line is open, berms are good, jumps need work, and second lane needs to be re-built. Rain all weekend so everything is looking up! The open line needs to be burned in after the rains and then it will be perfect. Jumps should be fixed after the rains too...when the dirt is soaked. The rains should be enough to get the track back to how it was around 02-03. Help is always appreciated!

GabbyC

Chimp
Jan 4, 2008
Orange, CA USA
Track is looking good. 1 line is open, berms are good, jumps need work, and second lane needs to be re-built. Rain all weekend so everything is looking up! The open line needs to be burned in after the rains and then it will be perfect. Jumps should be fixed after the rains too...when the dirt is soaked. The rains should be enough to get the track back to how it was around 02-03. Help is always appreciated!
I'm local and would like to help. Send me a PM.

Homey

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The O.C.
I'll be out there next weekend as long as my wife doesn't go into labor and my son takes a nap! This weekend is shot with Supercross and rain.

It looks like people were trying to build some dirt jumps but I think some cross country guys tore them down. They started to tear down the jumps on the slalom track too but didn't get too far. There were a bunch of "cleat" marks where the jumps were messed with.

Homey

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The O.C.
Hey Jonny...it's Shaun from Lake Forest. Iv'e been doing a little work here and there on the track...would be a lot better with 2 lanes again. Hope to see you out there again.

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
Please send me a PM about helping and the whereabouts. I would like to come out and help and ride some DS! I work in Tustin...

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
looks like we got a work party going, let's get this place going again.

Can anybody work during the week or only on weekends? I'm probably going to Fontucky next weekend but can work any other time.

JonnyCan

Chimp
Jun 2, 2006
Anyone want to go work on the track this weekend? Also an old jump spot in Also Viejo (fully covered by trees) is being rebuilt. Its next to a creek that has water running year round. Might be cool to get the place running again.

Email for directions/etc.. JonnyCanfield@hotmail.com

Homey

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The O.C.
Did you guys go out there last weekend? I wont be working on the track for a while. My wife just had our second son on the 14th, so we're extremely busy these days and I can't justify leaving her alone for too long.

Attachments

Jan 8, 2007
Ladera Ranch
This track is looking good w/ one line. 2nd line will be alot more work. Looks like kids on 20" BMX bikes are building lips on the jumps. I guess if you want to do tail whips and Back flips you need a lip. In my opinion, a DS track should have plenty of jumps, but the point is you can roll/pump/manual/single/double or triple ALL of them. DS is all about maintaining SPEED not tricks. It would be really cool if the kids who live here really wanted a sweet DS track. Being there is no place around. It would be really fun to show up and race your buddies for bragg'n rights.

Look at the SEA OTTER for design ideas.
javascript:goVideo('Dual%20Slalom%20Highlights','/index.cfm?Fuseaction=video&ID=19');

http://www.seaotterclassic.com/

-Youngblood:lighten:

GabbyC

Chimp
Jan 4, 2008
Orange, CA USA
This track is looking good w/ one line. 2nd line will be alot more work. Looks like kids on 20" BMX bikes are building lips on the jumps. I guess if you want to do tail whips and Back flips you need a lip. In my opinion, a DS track should have plenty of jumps, but the point is you can roll/pump/manual/single/double or triple ALL of them. DS is all about maintaining SPEED not tricks. It would be really cool if the kids who live here really wanted a sweet DS track. Being there is no place around. It would be really fun to show up and race your buddies for bragg'n rights.

Look at the SEA OTTER for design ideas.
javascript:goVideo('Dual%20Slalom%20Highlights','/index.cfm?Fuseaction=video&ID=19');

http://www.seaotterclassic.com/

-Youngblood:lighten:
I agree so if anyone wants to work on the place this Sunday Feb. 24th please PM me.

Homey

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The O.C.
I'll be out there tomorrow sometime. I'll try to post up when. I got a couple hours free'd up so join me if you can. Probably afternoon sometime.