Quantcast

4th Annual Mob n Mojave info

Peddler

Chimp
Apr 13, 2006
Auburn, CA
I hear Neko snapped a chain near the finishline.
I am not sure exactly how it happened but he snaped his seat completely in two pieces when the chain broke, he was pinning into a big and very akward duoble and he slammed into his rear wheel. He managed to stay upright and he looked a bit stunned. He eventually shook it off and actually fininshed his run. Great kid, big effort. It must have really hurt.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
:cheers:

I don't think any of these posts were out of line.

The first question was relevant and a more detailed answer was provided.

Hugs all around.
Make sure to get TMX. She angry.
But she does leave nice rep, and I like that in people.

I am sort of the kick of SFW, the kid got a second run. Everyone, especially me, has had many a minute where the rules didn't apply to them as strongly as it did to others. Besides, we're all in this for the fun kids. The minute my riding bikes becomes too much about the rules, I am going to knock out another race official, take off my shorts, strap on a tutu and a 12" strap on rubber cock, and I am going all in for a 5150 trip.

:banana: Yup, the dancing nana has spoken.

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
Jeez Louise. I was simply seeking an explanation on how this was okay when others must endure the consequences of mekanikles without re-start/re-run.

Fun and rules should go hand in hand.

If there is no rule book any more then the answer should be "There is no rule book any more." Or if the new rules state the remaining riders up top get to decide then this should be pointed out. Educate and enlighten folks, right?

After learning more about the situation it became evident and I agreed in a later post that the person in question should have been the official. I will edit my original post questioning Logan's ethics so there is no confusion that I'm not blaming him.

Sincerly,
Unwelcomed wiener

LOL...thank you for that! BTW, i'm just kidding....

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
i wasn't trying to slam ya TMX,

i just want people to know that Logan is a stand up kid, he spent a week here in my home town and i did some gym work outs with him and i was impressed with his overall personality.

i have seen more then enough talented jr racers from America screw up a ride and/or a career on being idiots and thinking they were rock stars, good to see a young rider dedicated.

TMX, i would have completely agreed with you back in the day when i was more worried about my results then having fun, i would have been saying "thats bad luck but thats the way it goes", i guess its just different peoples perspectives.

but i think sportsmanship won out in this case, he clearly didn't have a bad run going and then use a mechanical to get a re run...sounds like his first crank out of the gate his chain came off and the other riders saw it all and pushed for a re run not Logan himself?

dhrace507

Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Mountains
I am not sure exactly how it happened but he snaped his seat completely in two pieces when the chain broke, he was pinning into a big and very akward duoble and he slammed into his rear wheel. He managed to stay upright and he looked a bit stunned. He eventually shook it off and actually fininshed his run. Great kid, big effort. It must have really hurt.
He got bucked a bit on the roller before the slight uphill and his right foot was off the pedal just after he got into the air. He landed with just his left foot on a pedal. His chain snapped when his bike hit the ground. It didn't look pretty, but he took the hit well. I think the bottom out must have snapped the chain because he wasn't pedalling immediately before the bottom out.

Last edited:

ballr

Monkey
Apr 7, 2002
colorado
Logan never asked for anything - he was just looking at his chain and trying to figure out what happened.

We all (the remaining pros) saw what happened and I suggested he get a mullligan - half jokingly. Everyone seemed to agree it was sh*t luck and no one voiced any disagreement. How the official came to the conclusion that it was acceptable to grant him a re-start, I have no idea. I'm glad he did though.

It's crappy to come a long way to a race, have no idea how your off-season training is going, not get an accurate time, and leave knowing less than before you came. Besides, I don't think he took any money out of anyone's pocket by getting a re-start. And there's no national series points on the line or anything. Who wants to beat Logan (or anyone else for that matter) by way of a freak occurrence. Every competitor I know wants to beat his adversaries straight up - it means more.

MasterofGroms

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
NorthEastern US
He got bucked a bit on the roller before the slight uphill and his right foot was off the pedal just after he got into the air. He landed with just his left foot on a pedal. His chain snapped when his bike hit the ground. It didn't look pretty, but he took the hit well. I think the bottom out must have snapped the chain because he wasn't pedalling immediately before the bottom out.
Neko explained that his chain broke just before coming into this section, he went for the gas and with nothing there he got all front on his bike and sort of crashed into the above described roller. His boy's broke his seat which might explain the stunned look.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Anyone have any idea where I can look up the Cat 2 times? I know I didn't do well, but I need to rub it in for motivational reasons.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I think there might have been some goof ups with the timing after expert women. There was some confusion with their results and after that nothing seemed to get posted up that made sense.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
After about an hour I asked Mike for my T-shirt and put the truck in drive, it was time get back to Tahoe.

I know I didn't do very well. Went down hard enough to shake my brain a bit, so I was off pace enough that I got passed a couple times. That means dead last as far as I am concerned, but I would still like to know.

Covenasty

Chimp
Mar 10, 2005
Altadena
I waited til dark for results and nothing, I ride in the sport class.... the times that were given to the experts are messed up too....a buddy of mine caught the guy in front of him but somehow that guy beat him by 11 seconds...... the timing was a joke....

helimech

Chimp
Aug 17, 2006
I waited til dark for results and nothing, I ride in the sport class.... the times that were given to the experts are messed up too....a buddy of mine caught the guy in front of him but somehow that guy beat him by 11 seconds...... the timing was a joke....
What age group was your buddy in? So you realy think those times are F'd up aswell? I was in cat 1, 40 to 49 and those times were printed out. I assume they were correct???? it seems like lately the times at Boot have been meesed up for last couple of races IMO.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Eh, its not that big of a deal to me. Mind you I wasn't all together high on the idea of an $85 entry fee, but I have come to accept that bike races are a bit of a circus no matter what you do.

Would love it though just for training to have

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
What age group was your buddy in? So you realy think those times are F'd up aswell? I was in cat 1, 40 to 49 and those times were printed out. I assume they were correct???? it seems like lately the times at Boot have been meesed up for last couple of races IMO.
I'm not sure on cat 1 mens as I didn't get to race due to injury and my teammate's time seemed sort of legit, but I know the cat 1 women's times were printed out but probably not right. At least they didn't seem right after talking to some people about them.

Covenasty

Chimp
Mar 10, 2005
Altadena
I was in cat 2 30-39.... my buddy was in cat 1 19-29 or something like that.....as far as your times go, I really don't know....

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
I wasn't there, but DownhillMike is such a good guy, who works really hard to put these races together, bummer the timing was a problem. Hope it all gets sorted out.

doc gravity

Monkey
Oct 25, 2004
highlands ranch, CO
I wasn't there, but DownhillMike is such a good guy, who works really hard to put these races together, bummer the timing was a problem. Hope it all gets sorted out.
I appreciate any promoter that works hard to put on a race,no one is claiming it's easy, but when you charge premium prices ($170 for 3 events and having to use their shuttle on Friday's practice day), you ought to be able to deliver a quality product. There were organizational issues as well as timing issues for both the DS and DH, not aware of any for the SD.

jasonvelocity

Monkey
Aug 26, 2008
Palmer Lake, CO
I watched you come across. Very suspicious results :)

I just wonder how I got beat by Landon Petruzzi and Landen Petruzzi in the chainless. I also have a faster time in the chainless, which is certainly encouraging but doesn't seem accurate.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Rad, I beat people.
That made an already kick ass Thursday even more better.