Quantcast

4th Annual Mob n Mojave info

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
I saw them on Ric Houseman's Facebook Profile.
Here is a copy and paste from his profile.

Pro Men

1. Dan atherton 3.09.1463
2. Gee atherton 09.2911
3. David KlaassenVanOorschot 14.6458
4. Espen johnsen 14.6676
5. Kevin Aiello 15.1941
6. Evan Turpen
7. Logan Binggeli
8. Chris Boice

Pro Women

1. Jackie harmony 3.48.6474
2. Lisa myklak 50.2530
3. Darian harvey
4. Miranda miller
5. Joy martin

*Cat 1 Men 30-39
1. Ryan Cleek 3.36.3372

Ryan (who's a editor for Mountain Bike Action) crossed the finish line while crashing hard. Ryan sustained a broken hmerous (upper arm)

dh gangster

Monkey
Jul 31, 2006
P en Doubleyou
Any sites of people who took photos?
Or just photos in general?
Any would be appreciated im sure im not the only one wondering.
Im #103 in a black blue and gold tld history kit.
Thanks!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I got my bullit and lowers powdercoated, so I built it up all night thursday night, then was late to the train to SD, which wouldn't let me check stuff anyway. So I took a later one and got to SD at 12. I waited for Lamp, put my stuff in the car, then went to get my bikes and stuff that were checked and it was closed... wtf. So, then we had to leave the next morning. I still had to remove and replace my bushings in my lowers.. After asking both shops if they had the right tools (after calling and getting confirmation they have them a week before), neither did. Went back to the other one and the hardware store... I ended up tapping them out from the bottom hole with a steel rod.

Then last night I got them in with a ghetto pvc pipe tool I made. Finally get it built, then I take my only practice run in the morning and bend my pos isis BB on the 3' drop up top. I went to the shop and got one for $20, put it in and raced. My run was okay considering it was my second time down. Then in the chainless race I got a flat at the same spot... I also snapped my chain and mangled my derailleur on my second race run in slalom...

Did Cat 2 19-29 results not get posted? I saw 'unofficial results' that were pretty pointless.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
That was good times.

Just got back to Reno. Jacked up so high on Red Bull and white line fever that I may never get to sleep.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
little Ulmer rocking a Superco....sonuvabtch

Didn't you know this from last fall when Ulmer Sr. was Superco this superco that, superco is the best, Superco is coming out with a new bike, Superco is the bomb, my kid has no ride for 2009 but superco is the best, the superco DH is going to rock! get my point?

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
What's up with Logan getting re-runs, or a re-start in this case? It's not the first time I've seen him get this kind of special treatment either. "They" say he had a mechanical out of the start and he was given a 2nd chance. "They" say the remaining pros at the top agreed to let him re-start.

Sounds terribly un-pro and *edited out bogus comment inferring racer in question was unethical*. Can anyone explain in detail what went down and how this is "okay" in the pro class?

Last edited:

spliffy

Monkey
Dec 10, 2007
DURANGO Colorado
What's up with Logan getting re-runs, or a re-start in this case? It's not the first time I've seen him get this kind of special treatment either. "They" say he had a mechanical out of the start and he was given a 2nd chance. "They" say the remaining pros at the top agreed to let him re-start.

Sounds terribly un-pro and more like cheating. Can anyone explain in detail what went down and how this is "okay" in the pro class?
Logan threw a chain off his guide two pedals out of the start gate and his cranks locked up before the first rock on the course. We all showted rerun before he said anything. everyone felt it was not a big deal. This was the first race of the year and everyone was there to have fun. The usa cyling offical was not goiung to let him run but everyone was pushing for it. we all just were having a good time no need to make him look like a bad guy or a favored rider.

Orfen

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
UP, michigan
Logan threw a chain off his guide two pedals out of the start gate and his cranks locked up before the first rock on the course. We all showted rerun before he said anything. everyone felt it was not a big deal. This was the first race of the year and everyone was there to have fun. The usa cyling offical was not goiung to let him run but everyone was pushing for it. we all just were having a good time no need to make him look like a bad guy or a favored rider.
good guy or not...
just for fun or not..
I still think it isn't right...sort your equipment out before your race run. or better yet get a chain guide that doesn't suck..

spliffy

Monkey
Dec 10, 2007
DURANGO Colorado
i guess but i dont see why people who did not even race aganst him care hear on the internet. If this was a big race they would not of run him but every one was cool with it so what does it realy matter

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland

Thanks for the explanation. I guess it's cool y'all had such a groovy vibe up there. If I were Chris Boice or the person in 11th place, I'd probably be less Birkenstock about it.

I fail to see the difference two pedal strokes in or half-way down the track. A mechanical is a mechanical.

Unfortuantely, it's not the first time he's received the tremendous good fortune of a do-over so while he might not have been the one to request it, I'm not sold the young lad doesn't need a lesson in what it means to race at a professional level.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
i guess but i dont see why people who did not even race aganst him care hear on the internet. If this was a big race they would not of run him but every one was cool with it so what does it realy matter
It's not a matter of whether or not I race against him. It has to do with the integrity of the sport, especially at the professional level.

spliffy

Monkey
Dec 10, 2007
DURANGO Colorado
It's not a matter of whether or not I race against him. It has to do with the integrity of the sport, especially at the professional level.
i see what you are saying so i gues it realy comes down to the official at the top and weather they stick to the rule book or not, so in the end the official who seemed to be a little out of place should be the one on the chopping block for the integrity of the sport

Last edited:

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Slow day on ridemonkey if this is what people feel like b*tching about . . . i'm sure you'll all move along as soon as someone mis-weighs their bike by .2 lbs. :blah:

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
i see what you are saying so i gues it realy comes down to the official at the top and weather they stick to the rule book or not, so in the end the official who seemed to be a little out of place should be the one on the chopping block for the integrity of the sport
Yes, the official should have kept to the rules. And I apologize for the Birkenstock comment.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Slow day on ridemonkey if this is what people feel like b*tching about . . . i'm sure you'll all move along as soon as someone mis-weighs their bike by .2 lbs. :blah:
Oh goodie, a bitching post about people bitching. Hugs!

Anyway, it was an awesome weekend! I didn't race but was really stoked to be support and cheerleader for those who did. It was an honor to have The Kid be our guinea pig, especially for his first race out west and we'll have pics posted on our site soon.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Who all was shooting photos? Got any of 237 pussy footing my way down the course?

I am not sure when my balls up and ran away, but they did not make the trip down with me to BC.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Maybe everyone should have a "mulligan" box on the license. You can have it punched once during a season. :)

-ska todd

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005

Sounds terribly un-pro and more like cheating. Can anyone explain in detail what went down and how this is "okay" in the pro class?
Will make you feel better to know he also re-ran his slalom qualifier too.. :biggrin:

E.T.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
NorCal
About Logan...

He 100% deserved a re-run at this race. He literally had a mechanical right out of the gate. No more than 10 feet. I was right there waiting for my run.

As previously mentioned, EVERYONE agreed that he should have a re-run.

Don't post any more babble about it being un-fair. YOU WERE NOT THERE!

This is not a world cup. It is/was a fun race and we all want to see people get a fair chance to lay down a fast time. END OF STORY.

Go ride your bike.

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
About Logan...

He 100% deserved a re-run at this race. He literally had a mechanical right out of the gate. No more than 10 feet. I was right there waiting for my run.

This is not a world cup. It is/was a fun race and we all want to see people get a fair chance to lay down a fast time. END OF STORY.

Go ride your bike.
Of course you're gonna defend him, what with the two of you dating and all...

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
About Logan...

Go ride your bike.
Wow dude, if you don't want any more "babble" about it then you shouldn't bring it back up.

But since you did...
It doesn't matter where the mechanical happens, it's a mechancial. The rules do not state that if the mechanical happens 1 foot out of the gate or 1 foot from the finish line you get a re-start/re-run. Additionally, not "EVERYONE" agreed, just the guys who had not yet taken their run. That means appx 18 people before him had no say what-so-ever. And quite seriously, it's not up to the riders, it's up to the rules.

Furthermore, the integrity of the sport, which should be imbedded in the rule book, does not rely on whether or not some internet dork was there or not there.

Now if you were to quote from the rulebook where my concerns about this are proven wrong, then that's a whole different story and a far more impressive arguement.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
About Logan...

so anyone who has a mechanical issue right outa the gate should get a re-run? ive flatted and broken a chain right outa the gate on two different occasions...should i have gotten a re-run?

TMX isnt babbling...she has a valid point...and someone else also pointed out that he got a re-run in the Dual? :disgust1:

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
Thanks for the explanation. I guess it's cool y'all had such a groovy vibe up there. If I were Chris Boice or the person in 11th place, I'd probably be less Birkenstock about it.

I fail to see the difference two pedal strokes in or half-way down the track. A mechanical is a mechanical.

Unfortuantely, it's not the first time he's received the tremendous good fortune of a do-over so while he might not have been the one to request it, I'm not sold the young lad doesn't need a lesson in what it means to race at a professional level.
i think all your points are valid, but the comment about Logan could have been left out, take your beef up with the officials,

Logan's a good kid with a ton of maturity for his age and conducts himself very professionally, we need more kids like him coming up on the horizon.....

if he thought anyone would have serious beef about this he would have not done a 2nd run.

it is tough as i agree with and understand all the points being explained, how do you single out just one guy for the re run when others have mechanical issues as well?....

but im stoked to hear that the riders left at the top in his class were able to put aside the potential impact on the results and push for a re run.....

i think this has everything to do with integrity of the sport, we all started it for fun and with our national series in the tank i think getting back to the fun factor is key.

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
Wow dude, if you don't want any more "babble" about it then you shouldn't bring it back up.

But since you did...
It doesn't matter where the mechanical happens, it's a mechancial. The rules do not state that if the mechanical happens 1 foot out of the gate or 1 foot from the finish line you get a re-start/re-run. Additionally, not "EVERYONE" agreed, just the guys who had not yet taken their run. That means appx 18 people before him had no say what-so-ever. And quite seriously, it's not up to the riders, it's up to the rules.

Furthermore, the integrity of the sport, which should be imbedded in the rule book, does not rely on whether or not some internet dork was there or not there.

Now if you were to quote from the rulebook where my concerns about this are proven wrong, then that's a whole different story and a far more impressive arguement.
Ooh ooh, semantics debate!

Spelling errors:

"mechanical happens, it's a mechancial"..."imbedded"

and:

"The rules do not state that if the mechanical happens 1 foot out of the gate or 1 foot from the finish line you get a re-start/re-run"

hmmm...the rules? We have those?

or

"Furthermore, the integrity of the sport, which should be imbedded in the rule book"

ummm...integrity? We have that? And embedded? Like a thorn, splinter, tick, or unwelcome wiener? No thank you.......

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Jeez Louise. I was simply seeking an explanation on how this was okay when others must endure the consequences of mekanikles without re-start/re-run.

Fun and rules should go hand in hand.

If there is no rule book any more then the answer should be "There is no rule book any more." Or if the new rules state the remaining riders up top get to decide then this should be pointed out. Educate and enlighten folks, right?

After learning more about the situation it became evident and I agreed in a later post that the person in question should have been the official. I will edit my original post questioning Logan's ethics so there is no confusion that I'm not blaming him.

Sincerly,
Unwelcomed wiener

Last edited: