Quantcast

4x/ds course at northstar - who wants it

mr.niles

Chimp
Apr 29, 2007
who would like to see them build this?
if we could generate enough interest and make enough requests, is there a chance they may listen and build it?
who to contact to pass requests to?

i'm usually not the instigator for these types of things, but i'd really like to have it there, and i wanted to see if others would as well.

beware: this a cross-post.

Racerx7734

Monkey
Mar 4, 2002
Hostile Sausage
if we could generate enough interest and make enough requests, is there a chance they may listen and build it?

i'm usually not the instigator for these types of things, but i'd really like to have it there, and i wanted to see if others would as well.

Be patient. : )

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco

Livewire? It's probably wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (notice the multiple y's) better than ANY 4x course you'd ever get built at a resort like that. Irrigated, several mile jump trail, what more could you ask for? A short, probably poorly built 4x course that's not irrigated, has smaller jumps and smaller berms?

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Livewire? It's probably wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (notice the multiple y's) better than ANY 4x course you'd ever get built at a resort like that. Irrigated, several mile jump trail, what more could you ask for? A short, probably poorly built 4x course that's not irrigated, has smaller jumps and smaller berms?
A separate DS course would be more fun to race on.

NAYR

Monkey
Jul 13, 2009
Truckee
From what I know, they might put a 4x course in near the new beginner lift. They just have to figure out the winter grooming pattern in the area first. Northstar should have some good stuff this summer for sure.

mr.niles

Chimp
Apr 29, 2007
while livewire is fun as hell, it is not the same thing. someone else on here nailed it - fun races. something like what is now called a "giant slalom" would be a blast.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
while livewire is fun as hell, it is not the same thing. someone else on here nailed it - fun races. something like what is now called a "giant slalom" would be a blast.
Just seems like given the fact that they have cut back (only 4 days of running the lift last year instead of 7 right?), seems like maintaining livewire AND a 4x means they're gonna start cutting corners somewhere else. Just not worth it IMO.

Edit:

Scratch that, it'll keep even more people off the awezome DH trails than livewire does alone. I say go ahead!

Last edited: