Quantcast

4X/DS races in PA or Surrounding Areas

verruckt32

Chimp
Sep 3, 2008
Hey All,
I'm going to be moving back to the Pittsburgh area soon. I have not heard of any 4X/DS races at Wisp, Seven Springs, Timberline, etc. Do any of those resorts have 4X or DS races currently? If not, do they plan on starting to hold some races in the near future if the interest is there? Thanks

Ryan

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
Wisp holds a ds series every year run buy the Racers edge crew. Mike Hartlove and company. racersedgeonline.com its a fun coarse and good people.

Don't know about the other spots though.

verruckt32

Chimp
Sep 3, 2008
I had seen that Snowshoe had DS at their races. I was hoping that those were not the only races to be had. I'm glad to hear that Wisp has a course also!

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
Also around October every year racers edge holds biketober jam witch is a dual race in md. But its just once a year.

verruckt32

Chimp
Sep 3, 2008
I read about that, it sounds like a lot of fun. Any input from the Seven Springs or Timberline builders? I know you guys are working hard on the DH trails. Any plans for DS or 4X?

46chief

Monkey
Jun 12, 2007
Nothing at Timberline yet, but I know they have it in their sights. Seems like the major hangup is that it takes alot of effort to make a track and maintain it. i think the crew at Timberline wants to focus their efforts on more trails, a jump line like 7 springs, or Snowshoe and just making it a great destination for DH and X-country.

I'm not sure what 7 springs is up to but they have put a terrific effort and bunch of capital in making trails that are full of doubles, tables and big ass berms. they don't have a dedicated DS track.

Hartloves Wisp track is cool and I imagine the one in his back yard is pretty cool.

Rays MTB park isn't too far from the 'Burgh either.

I live within an hour of 7Springs 45 min to WISP and 2hrs to T-line. I like all three but plan to do most my riding at T-line due to the low key atmosphere, technical single track and wide open double track they have from an ATV race series there.

Last edited: