Quantcast

4X - Fitting old style SRS to chameleon

Viv92

Monkey
Jan 31, 2009
Australia
Has anyone managed to mount the older SRS guide onto the newer style SC chameleon (with EBB)?

The problem is the eccentric bottom bracket is too fat so I have to mount the adapter plate with the flat side facing the BB shell, not the RHS crank arm.

So far I'm running: left crank:BB cup:2.5mm spacer:BB Shell:ISCG plate:2.5mm spacer:BB cup: LHS crank arm.

The chainring rubs on the lower bottom plastic part of the guide. I think the granny tabs are also draging a little but obviously that is an easy fix. I can't file the guide down enough to get the ring to clear.

Any tips?

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is to put all the BB spacers on the drive side to gain a bit more (2.5mm)clearance at the expense of a poor chainline...or find a back plate that does not require the ISCG adapter plate.

... but why would you buy a bike with an EBB and run gears??? I see nothing special about that frame construction/geometry/price/etc that would steer one to that frame unless you specifically wanted the EBB for a single speed...

Am I missing something?

Viv92

Monkey
Jan 31, 2009
Australia
... but why would you buy a bike with an EBB and run gears??? I see nothing special about that frame construction/geometry/price/etc that would steer one to that frame unless you specifically wanted the EBB for a single speed...

Am I missing something?
It was cheap. Does everything my downhill bike doesn't do.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Ha, I fought like hell to "mod" up an LG1 to an 08 EBB Chameleon frame.
The problem that I had was the stupid ridge that stuck out on the EBB that was there for no reason at all. The plastic ridge did not sit flush with the BB shell, and it caused my ISCG adaptor to sit crooked therefore making my guide sit crooked. My ghetto fix was that I actually ran a different number of spacers for the ISCG holes that kicked it back straight. I ran 3 spacers on two of the holes, and two spacers on one to get it back straight. It was ghetto, but it worked.
Then later on when I installed Saint cranks on that bike, I went ahead and
filed down that plastic ridge flush, and then the LG1 mounted right up with no problems. I never had any problems with the EBB itself, it was just that ridge that messed things up.
Here is a before pic with the flex master cranks: