Quantcast

4X race on a BMX track

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Our local BMX track will run a 4X race for 26"ers during the GA state championship. This is our chance to show the little wheel people what they can aspire to. No license is required.
The cash payout will be for pro/ex class and women. If there are enough folks we'll run a sport class for prizes.
No qualifying. Just a double elimination so everyone has a shot to make the final. We will be using an NBL gate. If this is successful we will work on running a series and hopefully doing it at other tracks.
Well, crap. I can't figure out how to import the flyer from the post I did in the BMX forum. Anyway the flyer is there and at www.ptcbmx.com

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Peete said:
Our local BMX track will run a 4X race for 26"ers during the GA state championship. This is our chance to show the little wheel people what they can aspire to. No license is required.
The cash payout will be for pro/ex class and women. If there are enough folks we'll run a sport class for prizes.
No qualifying. Just a double elimination so everyone has a shot to make the final. We will be using an NBL gate. If this is successful we will work on running a series and hopefully doing it at other tracks.
Who, What, When, Where?

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
I talked to Chuck yesterday while we were working on his course.
A few from Macon, Juan and I know of some BMXers who have big bikes planning on it.
Chuck did a rebuild of his hell track this weekend. Holy crap. He put in some lines around the huge stuff and he added a big step up at the bottom in the gulley. It looks insane. We'll be out there all week smoothing everything out.
A bunch of us are planning on going to Chuck's hell track after the race.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
bizutch said:
..oooooohhhhhhhhhh.....dozer tracks :eek:
Don't schveat it. They will be smooth as a babies bottom by saturday.
Chuck and I are going to be out there all week gettin-r-dun.

My son plans on being the first one to hit that step up.

I'll post some better pics thursday or friday.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Weaver said:
I'm surprised it took that long to get a rise out of someone.
I have the utmost respect for the skills of BMXers. It's the parents who don't ride yet are always saying things like, " We did good in that last moto." or "How do you like this track?" To which I respond,"I don't know, I don't ride BMX."

Long Live Kenny E.

Weaver

Monkey
Oct 27, 2003
austin, TX
Peete said:
I'm surprised it took that long to get a rise out of someone.
I have the utmost respect for the skills of BMXers. It's the parents who don't ride yet are always saying things like, " We did good in that last moto." or "How do you like this track?" To which I respond,"I don't know, I don't ride BMX."

Long Live Kenny E.

its all good.

i wish more of my bmx friends would get into mtbikes.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
The race went down without a hitch. We had @ 12 people show with MTBs and 9 raced. The final 4 were Chuck Pitts, Juan Ashworth, Alex Gore and Pete Waldeck.
The final was one of, if not, the best race of the day. Nobody went down but the elbows were flying. It was a good tight race most of the way.
I hope we can do this again next year with a bigger purse.

We did convert one BMXer to the dark side this weekend. So it was worth the effort.

Here's how they finished:
Alex
Juan
Chuck
Peter

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Chuck wants to do a jam at his mtnx course sometime soon. That would be worth the trip down. And Mansell wouldn't be too far out of the way to hit too.