Quantcast

4X Tracks

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
No harm no foul...it's all just e-smack talk. Deleting your post won't save you though. I quoted your orignal post so you can't make it go away. :D
It's all in good fun.
I give it :stosh:

Cool... stosh smilie is back!!! YAYYYY!:clapping:
i do believe your current "e-antagonizer" is the former big drop 05.

irishman

Chimp
Apr 21, 2006
TN
Sorry, but you're talking out your a$$. I was there today working and it really, really dry and ridable.
Well, our definition of desirable to ride is different then. I don't want to sound like i'm trashing it, because when it's up and going it's great. I just noticed the top was torn up a little and the berms in the middle had the half rhythm type thing that eroded and then someone cut a path straight through. But, I also went up there expecting to see a place I could do some mock race runs with a buddy. It's just harder to do that now.

irishman

Chimp
Apr 21, 2006
TN
as of last wed....it is official, it will be at lees mcrae for 07-08

dh at sugar, everything else on campus

Wow, slalom at LMC? Are they going to change that course any? That would be a logistical nightmare when you consider everyone that wants to watch...and all those riders....geeez

Is there enough parking?

Even XC...if there are that many XC riders on that course it's not going to be fun.

ulockjustice

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
exactly my questions. the courses were decent for a conference race, but im not sure how either is going to hold up to 100+ riders. should be interesting.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I cannot imagine a bunch of dirty mountain bike kids staying in Banner Elk on a weekend in the fall all packed into the ittttty bittttty campus of Lees McRae college hammering away at their courses. That's gonna be a logistical nightmare.

I may grab some brews and head up to see the frat geeks take on the Dh course though... :D

irishman

Chimp
Apr 21, 2006
TN
I have to say....I'm VERY interested in how it's all going down. Seems like there's a lot of people with questions about how it's all going down.

danielsapp414

Monkey
Mar 27, 2005
Boone, NC
i'll ask some people in the know and see whats going to happen, i'm kindof curious too....its on halloween weekend and I did hear mention of something going down halloween night, perhaps a race of sorts? :cheers:

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
hey bizutch, i may be up around the mountains next summer some if you wanna ride, cause im getting a dh rig. anyone on here going to snowshoe for the races next summer?

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
thats what i was wondering. FC, i think i saw you at chapel hill. i was the kid on the azonic hitting that jump line. you were on some giant trance or somethin i think.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
oh gee thanks but i am 2% maybe proprietor of helping build, 98% riding it, it shuge now, all steep and fun and siiiiiiiiiiiick!!!! you may like it, but it throws ya! huge!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Nice pics and action Jason. It looks like that Brodie ate up that rock garden.

So you like my Morewood eh?

Here are few from after you left. Seabass took these...

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Nice pix. There's a few more pics left but i'll post those later. Yea that little rock garden was quite fun

Did you get my PM. I've got some locking barrels that i'll never use...

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Aaaaah, I'm bringing the kids up there as soon as my ankle heals up.

Doug, you really need to come down and ride Chuck's. It will be worth the trip. Ask Herndon.