Quantcast

5.10 2010 Product

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.

5.10 has new colors, new models and even a clipless show in store for the upcoming season!

---

5.10 has a whole mess of new product on tap for 2010.

Besides the Freerider in Blue Zebra, they also have a high top version of the Freerider in sweet yellow and gray.

Kathy Pruitt is modelling the new Minnaar clipless shoe, sticky rubber sole, SPD compatible and not bad looking. Production version will ship in white.

Attachments

Last edited:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Lets hope they have solved their longevity problems before working on new colours.

I am liking the new range however. Cheers Fraser.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Those 5.10 SPD's look a little disappointing. Would have liked to have seen some ankle support and protection and a different tightening system other than traditional laces. This is speculation, but it doesn't appear that the toe box is that stout or protective. That was one of my bigger gripes with my 5.10 flat pedal shoes.

It's nice that there is another DH specific spd shoe on the market, but there's still only a few stout, high top, soft soled spd shoes out there. Hopefully there will be some more refined models down the road.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
The clipless show pictures is a pre production model and will see a few changes before it goes into production... It's called the Minaaar.

The longevity problems for the freeride shoe have been fixed, it's not a 1 piece sole as there were production problems with last year's.

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
I was pumped to see what the Minnaar shoe looked like but it looks like a damn 80's track shoe. They need to just stick to simple as their designs are pretty horrid.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Unfortunately, If 5.10 doesn't have Stealth there isn't much reason to buy their shoes. The quality of the rest of the shoe is sub par for $100 a pair. That being said I have owned 6 pairs in the last 5 years or so. Because of Stealth I'll keep buying them. I hope they add some quality improvements to these flashy new colors.

dhpete93

Chimp
May 24, 2008
UK
Unfortunately, If 5.10 doesn't have Stealth there isn't much reason to buy their shoes. The quality of the rest of the shoe is sub par for $100 a pair. That being said I have owned 6 pairs in the last 5 years or so. Because of Stealth I'll keep buying them. I hope they add some quality improvements to these flashy new colors.
There's a few places that'll re-sole any shoes with 5.10 Stealth rubber soles. That'd solve my problem with wanting a comfy, good looking padded shoe that you can pedal well in.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
There's a few places that'll re-sole any shoes with 5.10 Stealth rubber soles. That'd solve my problem with wanting a comfy, good looking padded shoe that you can pedal well in.
yeah, thats another good option to go with...your favorite shoe w/ stealth rubber

swl

Chimp
Jul 20, 2009
PA, IL
They just need to keep it simple with black and grays. Stick to what people like, don't go modern art on us. I would have trouble buying some of those boots just because of the ugly design, and I normally don't care, but florescent????

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
The longevity issue isn't in the sole material, it is the glue holding the sole to the rest of the shoe.

I have had many 5:10 shoes, ranging from the Impact, the Freeride, the Basic and the running shoe model. So far, the running model is the only one not falling apart...

I realise DH is hard on shoes, but when soles start falling off after a couple of months...

I won't complain too much over freebies though. And I will continue to use 5:10 for the quality of their rubber.

Keemo

Chimp
Feb 10, 2010
Edmonton
Going clipless for 5.10 is defeating why people buy them... they are a superior flat pedal shoe because of the grip nature of their rubber, and toughness. Remember, they are first a mountain climbing shoe company that developed their rubber for grip, so why the clipless? Quality though???... I have a pair and can say they are tough as nails.

sc00ter16

Chimp
Jan 4, 2010
As a wise man once said "SPD equals Stupid Pedal Decision"

I don't understand why anyone would want to put clipless on a 5 10 stealth shoe either. Kinda like getting a hardtail SS 29er and wearing a full face

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Clipless shoe ships in early may or late april. You run a 5.10 sole on them so they are nice and grippy when unclipped. They have a large amount of space around the cleat and clipping/unclipping doesn't seem to be a problem.

If only they didn't have a massive MINNAAR name splashed across the laces...

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Clipless shoe ships in early may or late april. You run a 5.10 sole on them so they are nice and grippy when unclipped. They have a large amount of space around the cleat and clipping/unclipping doesn't seem to be a problem.

If only they didn't have a massive MINNAAR name splashed across the laces...
That's what razor knives are made for:thumb: