Quantcast

5.10 do-it-yourself kit

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Hell yeah, been looking for something like this forever. My favorite airwalks are finally worn out and should do real well with a sheet of stealth on there.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
That would be pretty cool. I might have to look into getting that for a pair of my Vans.

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Also that kit is not the S1 stealth rubber (that is on their mtb shoes), but the C4 compound. Not sure how the two compare in the real world.

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
i asked about it a few yrs back and was told i would have to send the shoes in.

TrailzHozer

Monkey
Jan 29, 2010
I'm going to glue that to my pedals and ride in cleats. Should be about the same with zero advantage gained whatsoever......except that I've some fvcking pimp golf shoes that need to be worn more often.
LOLOL - Quoted for the hilarity! :rofl::rofl:

euroford

Chimp
Dec 8, 2009
so i imagine that kit is so you can resole your 5.tennies. resoling worn out shoes is very common in climbing. if you want to have some vans done up, talk to your local climbing shop and i'm sure either they do it, or they know somebody who does.

i had the vibram rubber taken off and redone with that same kit on the montrail shoes i wear for bigwall climbing. awesome stuff, i don't know if its the same stuff as the bike shoes, but no doubt it will work very well. maybe not last as long. i only get one or two walls before my shoes are looking pretty gnarled.

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I'm going to glue that to my pedals and ride in cleats. Should be about the same with zero advantage gained whatsoever......except that I've some fvcking pimp golf shoes that need to be worn more often.
I'm going to cover my walls in it, grab some track spikes, and see if I can run up the walls and pretend I'm spider man.

YoPawn

Chimp
Aug 13, 2009
Now if only the rest of the shoe would only last long enough to justify buying new soles! ;)