Quantcast

5.10 Impact DH shoes - Wanna bring em back...here's how!

B

bigkonarider

I would also buy those shoes..Tried to get some just as they stopped them !

How did SUGAR mtn trail scoping go ??
---Any hope for some better lines there !??
It's hard to drive an extra 1.5 hrs to go up there instead of WINDROCK !
I would rather deal with shuttling than those SLOW-lifts !!!
:thumb:
I am also planning a tip to Whistler next year :thumb:
Are you flying or Driving ?
I plan on flying for $550 round trip to Vanvouver BC--But WHAT about ground transportation ??
:dancing:

bizutch said:
Also....if I go to Whistler next year, I wanna ride flats to be able to "throw some flare" on A-Line and the like!!!

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
dude sugar blows 30 min lift for one 15 min run thats it its not worth the extra drive shuttle windrock and you will have more fun. we about made this mistake but friend from g-vegas t pirate went and told us it was the worst ride hes ever done.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
me89 said:
dude sugar blows 30 min lift for one 15 min run thats it its not worth the extra drive shuttle windrock and you will have more fun. we about made this mistake but friend from g-vegas t pirate went and told us it was the worst ride hes ever done.
please lets stick to the topic!!! :nuts:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
check out the latest poll I posted! :love:
Would you mind doing another post on some sites?

Post this :

For the IMPACT downhill/freeride shoe - Would you like Synthetic or Leather uppers?

We are going to make what you guys request, so keep the responses flowin'.

send request to erico@fiveten.com

Jerry- thanks for the help, they should be in the works soon

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
The doctor said I wouldn't have so many nose bleeds if I kept my finger outta there.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Do not want. My 5.10 climbing shoes stain my feet blue because the dye used is something nasty. The QC here is nonexistent.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
The new Impact sole lasts only a couple of rides. WTF?
And why is Sir Sam Hill still using old Impacts?
Oh, and please gimme a high top that doesn't feel like you are wearing a brick because of the weight. And no, the Line King is no option.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
New ones are way, way lighter. I have 5 rides on mine with no peeling.

The second pair of Impact IIs I had did start peeling a little bit quite quickly but then stopped and worked fine but looked like ass.

These XVIs look like ass also, but in a new, different way.

steelforeel

Chimp
Dec 2, 2009
Just about destroyed not just one but two pairs of the new Impact VXI shoes (bought 2 pairs in once because they felt good) in about two months. The sole rips off and starts peeling. Otherwise nice shoes but the sole is just not up for it. Has anybody got them warrantied? Emailed the European HQ but they never got back to me...
There's nothing wrong with the Impact 2. Hope they still produce them?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I hate my XVI soles.
It may be the Straitline AMP pedals, but the grip is less than stellar and my feet bounce off in chunder.
They also are just torn up with massive holes in the sole from the pins.
Uppers look mint and I like the weight but fuck the soles straight to hell.

My buddy had same issues and switched to the new impacts.
He's much happier in terms of grip, I need to check and see how the soles are holding up.

I wear 5.10s for casual use too (not riding shoes) and the overall quality is best described as average.

Verskis

Monkey
May 14, 2010
Tampere, Finland
Just about destroyed not just one but two pairs of the new Impact VXI shoes (bought 2 pairs in once because they felt good) in about two months. The sole rips off and starts peeling. Otherwise nice shoes but the sole is just not up for it. Has anybody got them warrantied? Emailed the European HQ but they never got back to me...
I had Freerider VXI Elements where one of the soles started peeling off from the middle (there was kind of a bubble under the ball of the foot). Five Ten Europe warrantied them and gave me a new pair.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Seriously dude, WHAT are you talking about? Because that is pure nonsense.
A friend of mine bought them in the middle of August and had now maybe10-15 riding days. The soles are already completely torn from the pins. He's riding Saint pedals. They look already like my old Freeriders after two full seasons.
That's what I'm talking about and imo is not acceptable.
I think that this kind of wear is caused by the even softer rubber of the vxi generation.

shelteringsky

Monkey
May 21, 2010
Yep, soles have been coming off my Impacts. Been using shoe goo to keep them going. Seems like the quality has gone down since being bought out by Adidas.

Dirk77

Monkey
Feb 15, 2014
Ive been on my freerider VXi's since the begining of 13' season. They are in excellent condition. I have ridden them 1-3 rides per week, minus dec/jan/feb. They are nowhere near falling apart at all.. I can see them easily lasting all of next season as well.

demonprec

Monkey
Nov 12, 2004
Whonnock BC Canada
i have a couple year old pair of Impacts , the sole has seperated at the toes , but other then that the shoe is in good condition , i also have freerider VXI and they are a few months old and show signs of wear on the soles already

Ive been on my freerider VXi's since the begining of 13' season. They are in excellent condition. I have ridden them 1-3 rides per week, minus dec/jan/feb. They are nowhere near falling apart at all.. I can see them easily lasting all of next season as well.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
A friend of mine bought them in the middle of August and had now maybe10-15 riding days. The soles are already completely torn from the pins. He's riding Saint pedals. They look already like my old Freeriders after two full seasons.
That's what I'm talking about and imo is not acceptable.
I think that this kind of wear is caused by the even softer rubber of the vxi generation.
My Impact VXi's are a little older than your friends and I've put a fair bit more riding on mine. They've seen long days pedaling, lift-access days, and occasional off the bike casual use. I can only speak from my personal experience, but mine are holding up just fine. Speaking of personal experience, I try to only comment on things here when I have used them myself especially when I'm praising something or slagging it for being crap. Here's a picture of mine from this morning after another 7 hours in the woods yesterday.

ocelot

Monkey
Mar 8, 2009
Canadastan
I have been using the Cyclones this season. The sole started peeling around the cleat after a month. Five Ten replaced them without any problems. The second pair started peeling after a month as well... I have another replacement pair on the way. Their customer service is definitely excellent. I love the shoes but I can't have them peeling on me when I haven't even had a full season on them. I think I'll be selling my new pair and get something else :(

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
The newer 5.10s are crap. 4-5 rides and the rubber is pealing off the toe.
and this is one of the many reasons I started riding clipless for DH. Shimano AM45's held up great all season and are lighter and more comfortable than my 5.10's.

never looking back