Quantcast

5.10 Minaar question

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Any of you monkeys running the Minaars modify them to move the cleat position further back towards the heel? If so, how and how far can move them back?

As an aside, why is it that many riders (Gwin, Graves, uh ok I have no more examples) are running either custom made or modified shoes with further rearward cleat position, yet manufacturers insist on not making that a production option. Argh.

Last edited:

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
The soles on the minnars are super soft. The cleats turn into little fireballs under foot after about an hour, ZERO support in the sole of the shoe, and LOADS of flex

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Since when have you been clipping in? Next thing you will be riding road bikes eh!
Road bikes? No one wants to see me in Lycra mate.... Besides I ran shimano big red clips for about 8 years. I even had them on the DHR208.

As for the shoes, I probably should have asked about them before I bought them. Crumbs.

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
My hellcats have been pretty good IMOH. Are they perfect? No. Are they better than my previous 661 filter spd? Yes. Decently comfortable, good grip even when unclipped and fairly durable for those of us who dedicate ourselves to the fine art of pushbiking. Will probably be the first riding shoe that last more than a season without literally fall to pieces.

big dan

Chimp
Oct 12, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Road bikes? No one wants to see me in Lycra mate.... Besides I ran shimano big red clips for about 8 years. I even had them on the DHR208.

As for the shoes, I probably should have asked about them before I bought them. Crumbs.
Ah yeah i do remeber you were clippin in back in the old days.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I switched from 661 Filter SPD's over to Shimano DX SPD shoes (who the heck knows the acronym) and love them. Cleat slides way back and the sole feels just right with a toe box that actually fits a human.

Hope that was completely useless toodles. :D

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
I have the Shimano DX SPDs you mention, but even they don't go far enough back.
Had to cut away at the sole.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Hope that was completely useless toodles. :D
Nah thats the kinda info I want haha. Doubt I'll be able to sell the minaars anytime soon, and they're not that bad for XC/trails. Just on the DH bike I like having my foot further forward on the pedal.