Quantcast

5/20 Corral Canyon / Backbone

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
jason, matt and i met up in the parking lot a bit later than planned. the heat was coming on as the cloud cover burned off. the water was still covered, but the hills were bright. it was probably a good thing we were late, as this trail was part of a 50 mile horse race. had we been there on time, we would have been trampled. instead, we started after the horses, and only had two catch us on the way back. some large groups of hikers out too.

we met at the corral canyon parking lot. quite a twisty drive up. we played around on the slickrock to the east of the lot for a few minutes. then we turned back and headed toward Dume. we thought about doing a one-way trip with trucks at each end, but since we did not know the area, we did an out and back. j on the trusty intense w/ v-brakes, matt with the dh rig, and me on the 'kooter.

the shade under the tree cover was hotter than the exposed areas. the sea breeze was nice, but it could not make it to the valley bottom beneath the trees.

it was a nice ride overall. no direction was up/down-hill. it was a constant climb and bomb rollercoaster. some nice corners. some nice mini-rock gardens. some nice little hip booters.

we stopped for some pics. i figured out how to use the high-speed function on mine for taking multiple rapid shots. here is what i have.

sorry for the choppy text, i was in a hurry. i will be back with more pics later.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
mandown said:
sorry for the choppy text, i was in a hurry. i will be back with more pics later.
Choppy text with pics is better than no post at all. Thanks for sharing. Looks like some cool scenery around there.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I did this ride when I lived down in SoCal, it's weird that all of those trails is just right there in the middle of house hell!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
biz~ump! more pix
AT can't corner in the dry/loose/no-berm-havin' SoCal trails

kickstand give's it a shot

j shows us how it is done

the leftovers