Quantcast

5-bolt cranks

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
I've got a set of perfectly fine Race Face North Shore cranks and a top of the line Race Face Isis DH BB from a few years ago that I'd like to use on a new play bike... except that the E.13 bashguard is cracked to pieces and I can't find a 5 bolt E.13 chainguide anywhere. Do they still exist or is this $350 crank and bb setup from just a few years ago useless now?

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
more than likely that's 5-94 stuff you've got there, so its pretty obsolete. But call the e13 guys direct and see what they've got laying around. I seem to recall a few odd ball setups here and there, and if you're lucky they didn't get thrown out.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
I forgot to say, it's 5x110.

The E.13 SRS chainguide that is on there is for the most part still okay. It works, but it is worn. The bashguard on the other hand is trashed. Since the cranks are not light, and won't be going on my light DH bike, I'm not too interested in the LG-1 on whatever bike I end up putting this on.

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
94mm or 110mm bolt pattern?

I have a set of Race Face North Shore XS cranks that are a compact 5-bolt (94mm) and I was able to find a few nice bashrings.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Hmm... just looked on e.13's website and most of their products list a 5x110 option. I've never seen this listed on any of the big wholesalers websites.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Cool... I must not of looked very hard before and just convinced myself for the longest time that I couldn't get a new chainguide or bashguard for them.