Quantcast

5 minutes faster!!!

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Did a timed run up one of the major local climbs yesterday afternoon. It was a solo effort, but I managed a time 5 minutes faster than the time I clocked a week before my last race(in June). 42:30 down to 37:30 over a 7.5 mile climb with 2,140ft of climbing.

I'm pretty sure I could have gone faster as my speed always increases when I'm chasing someone. But ya, 5 minutes faster over the course of a few months. The crazy part is I have been focusing all my efforts on the flats and long distance. I thought I might have lost some time, but I just got faster :D

Nationals(XC), here I come!

The Ito

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
that's awesome man. just keep pumpin on it and sooner you'll be seeing like 8-10 minute decreases :)

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
indieboy said:
that's awesome man. just keep pumpin on it and sooner you'll be seeing like 8-10 minute decreases :)

eeek!

The local cat 1's and 2's do this climb in about 30 minutes....if I had a 10 minute decrease I'd be accused of doping....not that I won't be trying for an 8 minute drop in time.

The Ito

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
ito said:
eeek!

The local cat 1's and 2's do this climb in about 30 minutes....if I had a 10 minute decrease I'd be accused of doping....not that I won't be trying for an 8 minute drop in time.

The Ito
you never know man

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I started climbing up my hill which is a 4 mile ride from work to home and I have made a 6-8 min decrease in time. It is an insanely steep grade and on my XC bike. It’s possible. You just have to push your body and it eventually gets easier.