Quantcast

5 Thursday 5

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Luckily he was understanding (only brought it up after I gave my notice), as he was a bit of an adventurous spirit himself, but i shudder to think about how my other bosses would have reacted. Most of mine have been the 'work defines who I am as a person' type.
If I had direct reports and had someone come tell me something like that, I'd just respond that no one likes a snitch

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If I had direct reports and had someone come tell me something like that, I'd just respond that no one likes a snitch

When I applied for my current job, someone from this company called the owner of the company that I was working for and told them I was looking for work. That resulted in my just getting garbage projects as they assumed I was going to leave anyway, which actually caused me to leave and work here.

Anyway it didn't take long for me to figure out who here ratted me out when I started the new job. Only 5 people had access to my resume and one of them kept bragging about how he was good friends with the owner of my previous company. This was a giant breach of company policy, if I could have proved it was him, he would have gotten fired for all of it. I swore I would find a way to screw him over at some point. It turns out this guy has gotten far in the company for taking credit for other peoples work. Folks never spoke up because it would always be "he said, she said". So I took it upon myself to let everyone know how he maneuvers when he landed on a new project, people managed to box him out and expose him as doing nothing. So he got shifted from project to project, with me running my mouth each time. He soon took on the reputation of being a shit-head and recently left the company. I don't know if my efforts had any direct contribution, but I like to think it did.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
When I applied for my current job, someone from this company called the owner of the company that I was working for and told them I was looking for work. That resulted in my just getting garbage projects as they assumed I was going to leave anyway, which actually caused me to leave and work here.

Anyway it didn't take long for me to figure out who here ratted me out when I started the new job. Only 5 people had access to my resume and one of them kept bragging about how he was good friends with the owner of my previous company. This was a giant breach of company policy, if I could have proved it was him, he would have gotten fired for all of it. I swore I would find a way to screw him over at some point. It turns out this guy has gotten far in the company for taking credit for other peoples work. Folks never spoke up because it would always be "he said, she said". So I took it upon myself to let everyone know how he maneuvers when he landed on a new project, people managed to box him out and expose him as doing nothing. So he got shifted from project to project, with me running my mouth each time. He soon took on the reputation of being a shit-head and recently left the company. I don't know if my efforts had any direct contribution, but I like to think it did.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

That's one way to handle it. And pretty diplomatic, I'd say. Still think a little maintenance de routine would be more satisfying... :D

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Autism SUCKS!
Sorry guys, that probably needs a bit of clarification.

Living in a world designed by, for and populated by NT's can be frustrating when you seem to be constantly fighting your own brain and reflexes. It gets tiring.

Edit - NT = Neurotypical

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i have no experience with wahoo but like my garmin and would definitely get another.
i've read some negative comments about their firmware and customer service, but I have been wanting a small fitness tracker like the vivosmart and pairing that with connect and a 530 sounds cool too...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i've read some negative comments about their firmware and customer service, but I have been wanting a small fitness tracker like the vivosmart and pairing that with connect and a 530 sounds cool too...
i've had good customer service. twice now they've replaced my watch despite it being out of warranty.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I only have a couple weeks on my Fenix 5X Plus and it's fucking great, FWIW.

Based solely on this, if the rest of their watches are similar in functionality/usability, you can't go wrong in my opinion.

Undercover work gets things done.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
so you have to apply for a pass to get in rmnp now?

upcoming 2nd half of vacation might be scuttled due to half assed insurance company...
Yup. Passes with "can enter at this hour or later" associated with 'em. Nice thing is that it's an app/website so a screenshot of it will suffice at the entry gate.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
dammit. I pulled the Carbon Fiber Trek out of the garage to do a stem swap so I could ride it only to find that the spare stem I had is meant for a larger diameter handle bar. Now I do have to go to the shop and see if I can find one and I hate going to the Trek , we bought out your local LBS hellhole but its them or Mikes Bikes in the next town over and maybe REI that will have a road stem on hand and in the right length.