Quantcast

50 footer gone wrong

Mugger

Monkey
Dec 16, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
Getting back into downhill after a month or so drought, we did some runs on the DH track and then did a little session on the 6 pack before hitting the road gap and 50 footer jumps.

Photos are from a video camera stills and of meself...

First attempt at it, no speed knowledge, just pedal and hope.....

Roadgap

50 footer

Second attempt, knowing what speed to do and a general idea on how to soak up the roadgap gave it a second go.. (Sequence)

Video footage of this crash and more will be featured in an Australian film i'm making that will available for download around late december this year....

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
originally posted by quo fan
That is the argument for elbow pads.
this comming from xc guys.

ohh and mugger that is killer man. hate that you ate it on that 50 footer but like previously stated gonna make one hella story. :cheers:

Jul 8, 2006
Kirkland
Props to you man. It looks as thought you really have to pull up off the road gap kicker to clear it. I'm not sure though. It just looks like it. Well heal up man.

Mugger

Monkey
Dec 16, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
Props to you man. It looks as thought you really have to pull up off the road gap kicker to clear it. I'm not sure though. It just looks like it. Well heal up man.
Yeh road gap was the cause of the failure on the 2nd attempt, lost a heap of speed upon landing. It looks like from watching vids of some the elite guys do it you must suck that road gap heaps and pedal your guts out as soon as you land....

Cheers guys, heading back out this weekend for round 2....