Quantcast

5050s - how do you run yours?

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
Evening all!

I'm running Crank Bros. 5050s on my DH bike and hardtail at the moment, but I'm still undecided about the best way to setup the pins.

I've just got them sitting stock at the moment, have a pile of long pins so i can go Hill style if i want but i'm not sure of the best direction to go in.

My feet seem to sit naturally quite far outboard, so was thinking of moving the inner pins out one row. Anyone tried this? Another recommendation has been to get rid of the pin from the middle to give a more concave shape (this definitely sounds like it would make sense)

So what do the users on this forum do with their's? Everyone just running stock or are there other ideas that are worth a look?

Cheers,

Mark

Bixxle

Chimp
Dec 29, 2007
I just replaced the pins with the long ones as they fell out. Yes, they are going to fall out. Smashing them on rocks doesn't help them either. DUH.

If your going to change them now. Id put the big pins on the front and back. They tear the hell out of my shoes. I think the best way would be to get the set screws. Those seem to have the most traction

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
Yeah i learned about things falling out pretty quickly! all 72 pins (2 sets) are PTFE taped in now! Although in my wisdom i put one set in the other way round, then immediately snapped one off so it's pretty much stuck - doh!

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
stock position with set screw style pins is the best bet for the 5050's. since there is no concave you need all the grip you can get on those things. ohh and if you dont have access to set screws run them with a set of 510's and you will be fine.