Quantcast

510's on sale

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Your local bike shop may also carry them. In addition, they can fix your bike if its broken, and exist outside the internet. Yayyyy.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Your local bike shop may also carry them. In addition, they can fix your bike if its broken, and exist outside the internet. Yayyyy.
Good point. I've been making deliberate efforst to buy from locally owned merchants over the past 6 months. It's getting easier every day & I know the guy who I'm buying stuff from can support his family with the money. Plus he/she will turn around & spend their money in my office in return.

The local bike shop owner takes it even further. He buys all his toiletries from the loca grocery store & refuses to go to Wal-Mart. It's owned by a very wealthy local, but that very wealthy local spends his money here, has his warehouse that employs locals here & all his grocery stores are within 100 mile radius. He even bought his most recent appliances from a locally owned appliance dealer who sells fully US made appliances.

Buy anything at Wal-Mart & you'l guarantee that some of the profit will go to a stockholder or CEO who lives off the fat of the land & destroys local merchants by moving into small communities & ruining their livelihoods, all the while bringing down local wages & siphoning profits elsewhere.

Get your loccal shop to order them for you & you'll make sure you have a shop next time something breaks. And they might give you a discount if you mention you decided to come support them instead of Pricepoint.

TrekBro

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Greensboro NC
Good point. I've been making deliberate efforst to buy from locally owned merchants over the past 6 months. It's getting easier every day & I know the guy who I'm buying stuff from can support his family with the money. Plus he/she will turn around & spend their money in my office in return.

The local bike shop owner takes it even further. He buys all his toiletries from the loca grocery store & refuses to go to Wal-Mart. It's owned by a very wealthy local, but that very wealthy local spends his money here, has his warehouse that employs locals here & all his grocery stores are within 100 mile radius. He even bought his most recent appliances from a locally owned appliance dealer who sells fully US made appliances.

Buy anything at Wal-Mart & you'l guarantee that some of the profit will go to a stockholder or CEO who lives off the fat of the land & destroys local merchants by moving into small communities & ruining their livelihoods, all the while bringing down local wages & siphoning profits elsewhere.

Get your loccal shop to order them for you & you'll make sure you have a shop next time something breaks. And they might give you a discount if you mention you decided to come support them instead of Pricepoint.
Amen! Support your local Shops, they will be always there for you.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus

good point..but.....uh.....who buys bike stuff at walmart? :biggrin: