Quantcast

53 days you bastards...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Til Im back in the southeast after a 4-year hiatus.

So there are some things we're going to need to do here. First off, Im moving to Johnson city TN, so i need to find some places to ride.
Also, is there a decent bike shop anywhere in the state of TN? I mean, one that carries actual parts I may need for DH stuff?

Mainly i ride and race DH, but Im up for whatever. You guys'll probably start seeing me at races and the like. Ive got a black azonic eliminator so keep a lookout for that.

Also, if any of you guys go to ETSU, that where Ill be going to school so be on the lookout as well.

I also need a job and a place to live, but whatever, Im sure that crap'll present itself eventually. Bikes are where its at for now.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
ETSU has a very cool MTNx course, but you'll need to get a hold of Terry Hinton to check out that area's DH scene. But Windrock is about 2 hrs from JC and its worth it. We have guys who drive closer to 3 just to get in a Sunday ride. Its worth the drive, but Windrock requires full body armor. You'll wreck and you want to keep riding so full (FULL) body armor is suggested. It just keeps you riding longer.

53 days? Thats a long time. :(

andym

Chimp
Mar 30, 2004
va
Around Johnson City you will find the ETSU trails, Warrior's Path, Bay's Mountain, Buffalo Mountain, and I'm sure there are several more. I'm just getting back into mountain bikes and live a little over a hour from JC. The guys at NTMBA could point you to some great trails in the area.

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
As far as bike shops go Harpers in Knoxville can hook you up with your DH stuff,865-588-5744:thumb: .

You need to check out Windrock! It's worth the drive,we drive 5 hrours to get there and it is more than worth it:D .

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by GravityFreakTJ
As far as bike shops go Harpers in Knoxville can hook you up with your DH stuff,865-588-5744:thumb: .

You need to check out Windrock! It's worth the drive,we drive 5 hrours to get there and it is more than worth it:D .
I certainly will be hitting up this "windrock" especially if there are races and stuff down there like I keep hearing about. I also want to ride in Louisville KY, after reading about that race. I cant wait.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Personally, its much better ride Windrock at a non-race weekend. Its much chiller and laid back and one day is not enough time to get in all the trails. Try to spend a full weekend. We got a bunch of rain, so the trails should be shaping up. It had been so dry in early spring that it was like the west coast.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by profro
Personally, its much better ride Windrock at a non-race weekend. Its much chiller and laid back and one day is not enough time to get in all the trails. Try to spend a full weekend. We got a bunch of rain, so the trails should be shaping up. It had been so dry in early spring that it was like the west coast.
I have a tent, a jeep and a mountain bike to my name....and that's about it. You can count on seeing me down there alot of weekends if its what you guys are making it to be.