Quantcast

54321 Wednesday 12345

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Phew, relieved to spend the day WFH writing a technical report, despite needing to perform 30 pages of hand calculations. Darn people and their love of hand written data sheets.

Truing stand came yesterday, so I shall get the squishy bike trued up and maybe take it for a spin today.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hiya, fellas! LMAO! I took the tri bike out yesterday for the first time this year and did 21 lovely miles. More would been preferable, but I had to get home for more WORK.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Having to deal with someone who thinks that themselves and their job role is holier than thou, along with the accompanying attitude, when you're trying to help them, is super frustrating.

I'm convinced this the atmosphere in this building is toxic. I need to start pushing my boss more to get someone to replace me, so I can work at home or at least at our head office permanently.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Took day off, busy one

- baby checkup at docs
- food shopping/butcher shop
- virtual art presentation with 3yo school
- oil change in wife's car
- bit of exterior paint touchup
- disassembly in preparation of new wheel bearings on Jeep being delivered Saturday ( :popcorn: )
- BIKE RIDE
- beers/grilling while neighborhood kids play around yard

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Spokes and nipples and washers and spoke tools will be here Friday. Already have a rim. Time to get the squishy bike dialed for the season.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Hidey ho neighbors. Finally biking to work again; the new whip has me smiling all the way. Got the round 1 stab at work today and now I'm reviewing a 24-year old Excel work book containing all of our recipes and finding a lot of incorrect formulas. The fun part is getting the correct formula to give me the same answer. :cheers:

...despite needing to perform 30 pages of hand calculations. Darn people and their love of hand written data sheets.
I used to work with an old guy that didn't trust excel to make calculations, so all of his spreadsheets were hard-entries that he calculated with a handheld calculator. Guess who inherited his work when he retired... :banghead:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Took day off, busy one

- baby checkup at docs
- food shopping/butcher shop
- virtual art presentation with 3yo school
- oil change in wife's car
- bit of exterior paint touchup
- disassembly in preparation of new wheel bearings on Jeep being delivered Saturday ( :popcorn: )
- BIKE RIDE
- beers/grilling while neighborhood kids play around yard
the way my week is going i might have to take a fuck off friday to ride.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I got my first ticket 5 days after getting my drivers license. I wasn't even speeding and successfully fought it in court. I spent the next 10 years driving like a maniac to make up for false accusations.
I will get out of this one since the moto cop couldn't figure out his lights and sirens on camera and had to pull me over by arm motion, so will fight the case since I dont feel he even has the ability to get a correct speed out of his laser.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I will get out of this one since the moto cop couldn't figure out his lights and sirens on camera and had to pull me over by arm motion, so will fight the case since I dont feel he even has the ability to get a correct speed out of his laser.
radar guns are required to be calibrated, you can also request the calibration records. if its out of calibration you can challenge its accuracy.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I'm doing fluoroscopy today. Feeding people contrast and making them flip, more or less. I'm glad I don't do this more than once every month or two--it's not hard work, but you're jumping to someone else's schedule.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I used to work with an old guy that didn't trust excel to make calculations,
JHFCOAS, that's some next-level curmudgeonly bullshit. Did you at least kick him in the crotch?

that reminds me, i should probably start my car. its been a few weeks.
That reminds me.. I should attach the battery charger to the van for a few hours. :D
radar guns are required to be calibrated, you can also request the calibration records. if its out of calibration you can challenge its accuracy.
86 in a 55? It'd have to be WAY out of calibration. :rofl:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
JHFCOAS, that's some next-level curmudgeonly bullshit. Did you at least kick him in the crotch?

That reminds me.. I should attach the battery charger to the van for a few hours. :D

86 in a 55? It'd have to be WAY out of calibration. :rofl:
Crazy as it sounds, in the med device world we couldn't use Excel as it was not a validated program, so everything had to be hand calculated and recorded.

Personally I'd rather trust excel than someone punching a keypad with their Tootsie Roll fingers.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, that was incredible. Perfect weather. Amazing guide...kiddo even stayed engaged and asking questions for three hours or so. I consider that the biggest win that he was intelectually curious. And he has been speaking spanish now that he is more comfortable.
Hope you guys are having a great day too.
Obligatory photo, notice no people at one of the most visited sites in the world.
20210407_085637_copy_768x1024.jpg

Well, except those frenchies. Didnt hear or see ANY other english speakers.

Last edited: