Quantcast

54321 Wednesday 12345

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Also just watched the announcement on this. For fuck sakes.

This is just starting to get loony. Sure they enact a stay at home order, but what is changing from before? My region was already in "lock down". Ugh.

I don't understand it. :(

I have monday and tuesday booked off, as we were going to go to a cottage that the girlfriends parents had rented for the week. Oh well, better find a way out of that.

Needles in arms, needles in arms! Hoopla - I work in what they call an essential business and one that is high risk in some areas. Okay.....we're all waiting for the vaccine, where is it?? :(
Yeah, I'm really disappointed at how slowly the vaccines are rolling out in Ontario. My wife's mom got hers two (or maybe 3?) weeks ago in Montreal. We're only hitting that age group now. Also, get the vaccines to essential workers asap ffs... first responders, grocery store workers, school employees, etc... giter done.

I too took next week off, for "spring break". I'm going to have both boys at home. Good thing the snow is melted, and I have a canoe now. But I was hoping to hit the pumptrack a few times, but I've read reports of by-law shooing kids away from it and skateparks. :thumbsdown: Was also thinking of building a shed in the backyard, but I think (still need to check) that hardware stores will be closed. Not sure if they fall into the "garden centre" category.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
we really should pop this out into a thread on its own for others to reference...

everyone has good suggestions. Only one to add is: https://www.altitude-sports.com/

they have a small selection of things, like helmets, clothing and accessories... road stuff too. They’re based in Montreal and have next day local shipping which is pretty cool.
Yeah, I discovered them last year. They've been ridiculously fast (like next day delivery to Ottawa). Their return policy is great (if you become a member), and their sister site The Last Hunt is also good. Got the kids winter clothes and shoes through them. I'm hoping they expand into mountain bike stuff more aggressively.

fwiw, I'm looking for Tannus Tubeless inserts. I installed mine a couple of weeks ago and so far so good. Easy to install at least. I'm trying to track one down for my son's bike since he seems to have taken a liking to technical riding. I bought mine from Ridley's Bike Shop (also a decent option) in AB last year, but they're out of stock on the 27.5s...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
a friend who is a HCP said the best way to find a vaccine is "find the nearest red zip code"
Probably also true is minority neighborhoods. My vacc site was in one of the less white parts of Seattle however everyone in line was white. Although timing could be part of it as a lot of people probably can't take a few hours off in the middle of the day. My employer has given everyone a 4 hour charge line to get one.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Probably also true is minority neighborhoods. My vacc site was in one of the less white parts of Seattle however everyone in line was white. Although timing could be part of it as a lot of people probably can't take a few hours off in the middle of the day. My employer has given everyone a 4 hour charge line to get one.
case in point, i had to go to Lancaster for mine.

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Can you find your way to Spokane?

This is precisely why I felt no shame in jumping the line three weeks ago. My town:

“Tri-Citians slower than others to get the COVID vaccine,” the Herald newspaper reported this week. Thousands of vaccine appointments are available there, and most days the mass vaccination site at the Benton County fairgrounds hasn’t been able to fill all its slots.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Like usual, a bit late to the party.

Germany.

That is where most of the stuff I have ordered for the last few years have come from. That has kind of changed now due to some of the shops stopping shipping to Canuckistan, supposedly due to Covid. As well, Shitmano and SCAM both dropped the ban hammer on sales into North America to protect the so hard done by distributors.

I will probably still get tires and bits and bobs from the Fatherland, as even top priced Maxxis are stupid cheap compared to Canada. For the S/S nazi brothers - not too sure - will just shop around.

Is Treefort still a thing?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
24 hours after my J&J vaccine I started to get some serious chills and couldn't warm up. Thought I was starting to have a bad reaction. Turns out I turned off the heat yesterday and it was 50 degrees in the house. Carry on.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Got my first ticket ever yesterday.
have had license suspended in virginia....tennessee....colorado....

tickets recently....2 or 3 years ago in montana and wyoming....

working my way down to just warnings from cops now....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hey @stoney here's some inspiration for your car :D

That's pretty common in the Subaru "culture" now. They start with a lot of ground clearance already, can easily be raised 2", there have been underbody plates for years because of rally usage/lowering in 4-season climates, and they can be easily converted to small campers using a box, hitch, and small awning. This guy is really showing off his "off-road capacity", but it's in-line with the category of people who can't afford a sprinter but want to live that lifestyle in a reliable car. That is more common with Outback's though.

I however am going the other direction. I don't drive it off-road enough, and when I do, rough enough to even justify my current height (9" ground clearance). Dropping it about 1.5" and proceeding to turn it into a well handling, slightly higher sitting car. Still more clearance than a WRX or STI (4.9") with par level handling. Even 1" more than the All-Road that we were looking too.