Quantcast

555 Thoisday 555

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Crappy nights sleep, either that or I dreamed that I kept waking up :think: . Might have been because I had 3 dogs snuggled up to my legs all night coupled with the fire station one block away going out code 3 past my house a couple of times too.

Oh well Espresso, grub, then a light work schedule

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
More drama in the hood this morning. Our 11 lb chihuahua decided to make a run at this dude who stopped by for some breakfast, learned real quick that the bigger dog is not scared of him.

9FAE073F-434A-4527-A6F6-260696464870.jpeg

Our dude decided to retreat to a safe space, where he closely monitored the intruder for our safety.

00C87433-5896-4879-81C6-135A5FD1BB4F.jpeg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
One of those nights... got home from biking, ate dinner and then passed out. Slept through the night but it felt like the alarm clock went off ten minutes after my eyes shut.

WORK WORK WORK. I am supposed to have a meeting today with the General Manager here....but it seems to have disappeared from my calendar. Just going to ignore that and hope no one notices...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Released a mouse this morning, then had to collect the recycling that had blown all over in the overnight t-storms.

Now, I am with the wife at the baby doctor, then have to run to work to complete some testing.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Last night's ride was a total bust. I can't get my new tire to seal, which isn't all that uncommon, it can take a few rides for the sealant to work it's way all around the bead. But my fucking pump would unthread the valve core every time I tried to top up the air. Well, more like I tried to top it up once, then spent about 40 minutes trying to fill it up enough to limp back to the car. Fucking Lezyne thread-on pumps. I tried removing the o-ring, but then it wouldn't seal. I resorted to tightening the shit out of the valve core, and then spitting on the [straight to no context she goes!] o-ring to lube it up before inserting the valve back in. That finally worked enough to get me back. But I think I spent more time pumping than riding [another one for the no-context thread!].

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Last night's ride was a total bust. I can't get my new tire to seal, which isn't all that uncommon, it can take a few rides for the sealant to work it's way all around the bead. But my fucking pump would unthread the valve core every time I tried to top up the air. Well, more like I tried to top it up once, then spent about 40 minutes trying to fill it up enough to limp back to the car. Fucking Lezyne thread-on pumps. I tried removing the o-ring, but then it wouldn't seal. I resorted to tightening the shit out of the valve core, and then spitting on the [straight to no context she goes!] o-ring to lube it up before inserting the valve back in. That finally worked enough to get me back. But I think I spent more time pumping than riding [another one for the no-context thread!].
Yeah - I'm a big NOT FAN of that thread-on pump shit. :mad:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Wading my way through a mountain of laundry....I have no idea how 2 children can make so many dirty clothes; they blame sq-earl. Supposed to have some open field scrimmages tonight but the weather isn't looking so hot. Interview committee in the morning and then I am escaping to meet up with some good monkeys and ride bikes for the weekend!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Afternoon. Wading my way through a mountain of laundry....I have no idea how 2 children can make so many dirty clothes; they blame sq-earl. Supposed to have some open field scrimmages tonight but the weather isn't looking so hot. Interview committee in the morning and then I am escaping to meet up with some good monkeys and ride bikes for the weekend!
They oughta be old enough to do their own by now, no?? I think my eldest was 10 when he started doing his own laundry... :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Little bit of work, mostly spending today getting ready to leave at 6am tomorrow for Nashville.

Was checking the window sealant I put on yesterday and noticed that the window framing looked like someone had attacked it with a ballpeen hammer. Checked every other window on North and West sides of house, as they are totally unprotected, and they all look the same. Every drainage pipe around the house is also damaged. So... I'm guessing I should get the roof looked at.

Buy a house they said...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Little bit of work, mostly spending today getting ready to leave at 6am tomorrow for Nashville.

Was checking the window sealant I put on yesterday and noticed that the window framing looked like someone had attacked it with a ballpeen hammer. Checked every other window on North and West sides of house, as they are totally unprotected, and they all look the same. Every drainage pipe around the house is also damaged. So... I'm guessing I should get the roof looked at.

Buy a house they said...
butnevermind.gif

And to imagine... the good doctor has TWO of them. :rofl:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
View attachment 162028

And to imagine... the good doctor has TWO of them. :rofl:
I sure hope it rents well to make up for all the expense thus far! or at least appreciates up the wazoo

I'm at work. 2-10 PM today. Dethatched lawn and had lunch with 3 co-workers (2 of whom are leaving in the upcoming months/weeks), then here. 'tis hot as balls

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
I sure hope it rents well to make up for all the expense thus far! or at least appreciates up the wazoo
Just out of curiosity... what would you do if the local community banned STR's? I suspect there are a lot of local resort communities that are going to be looking at that as an option due to the LTR issues for local workers...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just out of curiosity... what would you do if the local community banned STR's? I suspect there are a lot of local resort communities that are going to be looking at that as an option due to the LTR issues for local workers...
Move from Kansas to the mountains.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I'd probably look for a non-ski season long term rental tenant, or more likely groups of tenants given how expensive the place would be due to its size. Then I'd just not go up there April-November.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
I'd probably look for a non-ski season long term rental tenant, or more likely groups of tenants given how expensive the place would be due to its size. Then I'd just not go up there April-November.
Yeah - I've got a buddy that currently has a bunch of properties in Steamboat and has found that long-term rental is quite a bit easier for him than dealing with STR shit. The LTR's apparently allow him to keep one joint for himself and not rent that one at all. :D

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Last edited:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Yeah - I've got a buddy that currently has a bunch of properties in Steamboat and has found that long-term rental is quite a bit easier for him than dealing with STR shit. The LTR's apparently allow him to keep one joint for himself and not rent that one at all. :D
That's why I turned to Vacasa for exactly that "STR shit". They handle everything in exchange for 30%. And I'm quite ok with that.

Everything being local real-time support during stays, minor maintenance, photos, listings on the various sites, bookings, transactions, housekeeping/turnover, linens. Even hot tub maintenance once we go down that rabbit hole.