Quantcast

555 Thoisday 555

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
That's why I turned to Vacasa for exactly that "STR shit". They handle everything in exchange for 30%. And I'm quite ok with that.

Everything being local real-time support during stays, minor maintenance, photos, listings on the various sites, bookings, transactions, housekeeping/turnover, linens. Even hot tub maintenance once we go down that rabbit hole.
Esp hot tub maintenance. That's gotta be a nightmare for a STR.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Earthquakes are pretty fascinating. Propagation prediction is really tough when we know so little about the detail structure of the ground. We have to infer 99% of it still and we still find faults popping up as if from nowhere fairly regularly.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I've ridden through the town they were in. I did not camp with food in my tent. I did sleep in a pit toilet once though to avoid tent camping in griz country...

I hadn't heard about food in the tent during the initial reporting, just the chicken coop raid the day prior.

Sucks... Rethinking my tendency to enjoy beerz inside my tent when camping => Me.

ETA: Ovando is as close to the "edge of Glacier National Park" as I am to the "edge of elite fitness" or 100 miles away...

1625789729080.png

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
OMG people who still can’t use Zoom/Teams/whatever.
“Ohhh…. Am I muted?”
:disgust1:

Anyway, fuck all that, I’m on holiday! Woohoo!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I hadn't heard about food in the tent during the initial reporting, just the chicken coop raid the day prior.

Sucks... Rethinking my tendency to enjoy beerz inside my tent when camping => Me.

ETA: Ovando is as close to the "edge of Glacier National Park" as I am to the "edge of elite fitness" or 100 miles away...

View attachment 162030
When I camp in Grizzly country I make sure eat far away from camp as well as store food. Even go so far as to always eat in the same clothes and hang that with the food.

When I was in GNP, a woman had gotten killed by a grizzly in the same site we were staying at. You could see fresh prints and smell them, hear them walking through the brush but they stayed just far enough away that we never saw them.

Anyway that woman had done something similar, kept apple butter scented lotion in here tent and a grizz visited in the day. Came back at night and once again snacked on the contents of the tent.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Went and hit some balls at the range. Really smashing my hybrid today, which was nice, and absolutely smashed the last ball of the day to leave on a high note. Yay. Been having some issues with my bendy driver since I played a few rounds with a friend’s stiffer one but seem to have sorted that out mostly. Still want a stiffer driver.

The photo isn’t HDR’d, the grass is just really super emerald green right now; lots of rain and sun. If you walk on the field though you’ll have muddy feet.

0DC9B1D2-3F79-49BA-96BA-9442F70D0CE2.jpeg