Quantcast

575 cable routing

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
The one weakness that I'm aware of with the 575 is the routing of the rear der. cable. It's not really a weakness, just not what I would have expected from Yeti. Turns out, I have the cables routed wrong.

I found these on MBR... apparently the pics are directly from Yeti. it shows the rear der cable going over the BB shell, not under like previously thought.

Just a public service announcement since this bike seems to be pretty popular right now (with good reason).

Here are the pics:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Originally posted by jdcamb
That bike is to clean. Nice pics by the way...jdcamb
The pics are not mine - they are direct from Yeti. My cable still runs under the BB shell. I had to leave plenty of slack to allow for all the travel. Seems like an odd setup to me, but it's the closest thing to a weakspot the 575 has. And now it doesn't even have that.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Jackson, post your bike related threads to the DH or XC forum. That way they will not be missed by those not wanting to filter through various off-topic threads.

oh yeah, sweet bike!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Originally posted by splat
On the BB cable feed for the front derailer, they put it through a rear deraileur feed. is that cable rubbing on the BB ?
In that picture, yes it is. You can reverse the plastic "guide" to avoid the rubbing.

Zaskar Rider

Monkey
May 29, 2002
PNW
I swapped the pedals on one of those today. Lady brought it into our shop after buying it at another. Anyway, it was the first time I'd seen a 575 in real life and man those things a a whole bunch nicer looking in person than in the pictures. They looke like a fun ride i'm hoping to get to try one soon.

Haha, sorry I guess this has nothing to do with your thread just thought I'd chime in. ;)