Quantcast

5mm-A crank Discussion.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I'm up for it....will you stump up for a airline ticket too???? but i would prefer a proper DH race bike for the test:D:D:D(sorry couldn't resist)

An I'm over arguing this...As I fully expect another even longer winded post to pop up soon, that still gives no real advice to the OP

Oh an I hope you don't mind but i shrunk the unnecessarily long spaces between your paragraphs to a sensible amount:thumb:
Well, no, Im not popping for an airline ticket, I dont care that much about it. But if you are ever close, Or I am heading your way...l we can meet up....

As far as a proepr DH bike, we can use my Blindside... I do belive that a 13.7 bb and a 65 degree HTA with 8 in travel would count as a proper DH bike right?

I keep going back to "its only 5mm" for a reason. Because clearance alone is not a reason why you would want 165's

As even you have pointed out, there are more reasons and benefits for 165's. There is a long list. Yes, when I first built the Blindside up, I was breaking pedals, it was actually quite suprising to me to find out how ****ty my riding position was prior to having a proper bike. Been about 8 months without damaging a pedal now...Seems I just needed to adjust to the new bike more than anything else.

Just glad that I am not the only one in the thread that realizes this.

Last edited:

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
:DGawd i wish people would take me this seriously in other parts of my life:D:D:D.....(there goes those grins again)
Half of what iv posted was typed with my tongue firmly in my cheek an to get a bite(seems it worked). I could go on forever picking holes in certain other peoples posts with fantasy dribble but ill leave that to those that excel at it.

Still think Demo should just try them for gods sake..... because unless I'm mistaken,he is going to have both sets of cranks before he sells one.:confused::confused:

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
You mean........ You didnt know I am incapable of taking a joke in any way shape or form???

In all seriousness, I love little debates like this. It really is a great way to learn about any particular subject.

Your absolutly right about him needing to go ride them to know for sure. I just wnated to be sure clearance wasnt his only reason for doing so...

Percy

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Christchurch NZ
:DGawd i wish people would take me this seriously in other parts of my life:D:D:D.....(there goes those grins again)
Half of what iv posted was typed with my tongue firmly in my cheek an to get a bite(seems it worked). I could go on forever picking holes in certain other peoples posts with fantasy dribble but ill leave that to those that excel at it.

Still think Demo should just try them for gods sake..... because unless I'm mistaken,he is going to have both sets of cranks before he sells one.:confused::confused:
I take you seriously..................................NOT!! :weee:

But seriously folks.......................not really I do. :D

Last edited: