Quantcast

5ten shoe vs pedal help

phase

Chimp
Sep 6, 2011
antioch
hey. looking to get a pair of the 5ten cyclone shoes for dh. ( http://www.moosejaw.com/moosejaw/shop/product_Five-Ten-Men-s-Cyclone-Shoe_10178973_10208_10000001_-1_?cm_mmc=CSE-_-GoogleBase-_-na-_-Five-Ten-Men-s-Cyclone-Shoe&ad_id=GoogleBase )

will these be ok with my point1 podium pedals? just wondering because i really want to get some riding shoes and since 5ten is the way to go, i have picked these. i like how these support my ankles and they are not so flashy. but will they go well with my pedals?

thanks guys :thumb:

Aug 4, 2008
Why would you want to use a SPD shoe with flat pedals?

Also regarding 5-10 - you probably want a shoe with Stealth S1 compound soles. Because S1 is the **** for flat pedal riding.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
will these be ok with my point1 podium pedals? NO

just wondering because i really want to get some riding shoes and since 5ten is the way to go, i have picked these. i like how these support my ankles and they are not so flashy. but will they go well with my pedals? No
thanks guys :thumb:[/QUOTE]

phase

Chimp
Sep 6, 2011
antioch
no need to bash me guys! just asking. i obviously haven't done research about five ten shoes and have no idea the difference between spd shoes and compounds and etc, hence the reason why im asking if these will work. in my opinion all the other fiveten shoes are ugly as heck, but who cares right? thanks for the tips and i will look into the impact high tops.