Quantcast

5th Element change?

Turd Ferguson

Monkey
Dec 21, 2004
Burbank
I just got my 5th rebuilt. They replaced the shock shaft and rebound circuits. It seems(is) that this shock is totally different. The rebound is off. When you take out all of the air and take the coil off you should be able to push the shaft all of the way into the body. I can't. I'm left with 1/2" out. This reduces total travel, not to mention the rebound has to be slowed down too much to prevent rear bucking durring drops.

Anyone know of major changes/ ideas of what is wrong?

I'm going to call them Tues to find out wtf.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
Turd Ferguson said:
I just got my 5th rebuilt. They replaced the shock shaft and rebound circuits. It seems(is) that this shock is totally different. The rebound is off. When you take out all of the air and take the coil off you should be able to push the shaft all of the way into the body. I can't. I'm left with 1/2" out. This reduces total travel, not to mention the rebound has to be slowed down too much to prevent rear bucking durring drops.

Anyone know of major changes/ ideas of what is wrong?

I'm going to call them Tues to find out wtf.
ummm. maybe its just bottom out damping. you put alot more force on it when its on your bike then jsut sitting there pushing on it. have you even mounted it and rode on it yet?

Turd Ferguson

Monkey
Dec 21, 2004
Burbank
Yes. I got my ass handed to me last Tuesday. I thought I set it up wrong, but I should have known better. I've been running the 5th for 3 years. I kind of know how to set it up and how it should feel.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
WTF are you doing up at 2:57am? Let us know what Progressive says.

Explain what happened on Thursday.

speaking of members....

Turd Ferguson

Monkey
Dec 21, 2004
Burbank
Kanter said:
WTF are you doing up at 2:57am? Let us know what Progressive says.

Explain what happened on Thursday.

speaking of members....

1. I do not sleep(not human, I am Turd)

2. Progressive said "whoops, sorry bro-seph, we'll make you a new one and send it out Friday".

3. Thursday I drank the blood of innocent victims(ref #1)

4. Did you mean (you are) 'thinking' of members?

I knew it :monkey:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Turd Ferguson said:
1. I do not sleep(not human, I am Turd)

2. Progressive said "whoops, sorry bro-seph, we'll make you a new one and send it out Friday".

3. Thursday I drank the blood of innocent victims(ref #1)

4. Did you mean (you are) 'thinking' of members?

I knew it :monkey:
Im thinking you are a member of the Avy cult but you just dont know it yet.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
My posts always have a member in them. In the sig that is... :)

Back on topic. Its cool Progressive is sending you a new shock before they get your old one back.

Not to jinx you.... but what if the new one feels the same? It probably wont but what if? Did they say anything about different valving lately for the bullit?