Quantcast

5th element knock

bElliott

Chimp
Sep 5, 2006
i have a 5th coil 5way and its starting to knock when it transitions from compression to rebound. I'm almost positive its the control valve or spv valve opening and closing, but im not sure why it makes a noise when it does this. I know people have serviced them themselves, so i was thinkin of doin that. any know if i can take that valve apart because i know it has some pressure inside, and if so is there any o-rings or stops in there that could have worn out?
the shock is about a year old

thanks, ben

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Servicing a rear shock yourself is a pretty difficult thing to do. My 5th Element shock did a similar thing after about a year of use, as well. I was lucky that my shock started to have problems at a race, where Progressive was at, so I just had them service it for me.

My suggestion would be to just send it into Progressive to be serviced.

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Check to make sure you have air pressure in the shock. It's probibly not the case but a similar sound will occure if the air has leaked out some how. A good quick check before you send it in. Could save you down time.

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
hey bElliott ...are u in europe by any chance? know a company here in switzerland that tunes and repares fifths, the shocks re unreal afterwards. sending mine next week.

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
Servicing a rear shock yourself is a pretty difficult thing to do. My 5th Element shock did a similar thing after about a year of use, as well. I was lucky that my shock started to have problems at a race, where Progressive was at, so I just had them service it for me.

My suggestion would be to just send it into Progressive to be serviced.
they went out, send it to hippie tech suspension