Quantcast

$6 DVD steal

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
The Back of my New DVD Case said:
High school wrestler Louden Swain is a man obsessed, trying to shed 23 pounds in a dangerously short time to take on Shute, the undefeated, tough-as-nails 168-pound champion who's the best wrestler in the state. Matthew Modine stars as the mop-headed student undeterred in his Vision Quest...until the day a sexy drifter (Linda Fiorentino) threatens to pin Louden and his dreams to the mat of unrequited love.

The hit soundtrack features Journey's Only the Young, Foreigner's Hot Blooded, and John Waite's Change. In her first film, Madonna shines while performing Gambler and Crazy for You. You'll go crazy for Vision Quest
$5.99 at Best Buy? That's a crime against art...but I'm taking full advantage. Superb synopsis, too, as transcribed above, plus a hand-colored black and white photo of Louden and his sexy drifter on the front. Doesn't get much better. This may be one of the best movies ever. I think my mom even has the worn-out old cassette of the soundtrack somewhere...we wore that sucker out going to and from wrestling practice.

MD

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Silver said:
I'm at a loss for words...
Philistines, all of you.

Or else the board at large is too awestruck by my goldmine find to say anything.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
i remember that movie i liked it might have to pick it up.

on a side note they just released Videodrome on DVD it's supposed to have a lot of good extra's. i'll try to hunt it down too.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
do you people all become weird when you turn 30? :D

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Yossarian said:
why do you ask that?
reminiscing about old movies is one thing. but "vision quest"? i can honestly say that one never popped up on my cultural radar, even when people were all gaga about 80s stuff (slap on wrist bands!)

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Ciaran said:
Soon you too shall be 30 and weird. Come to the dark side, Toshi...
i could be like the peter pan guy and always stay a pre-teen... :blah:

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Ciaran said:
Soon you too shall be 30 and weird. Come to the dark side, Toshi...
Hey, I'm enjoying being 28 and wierd, thanks...

MD

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Toshi said:
reminiscing about old movies is one thing. but "vision quest"? i can honestly say that one never popped up on my cultural radar, even when people were all gaga about 80s stuff (slap on wrist bands!)
That's because, like I said, you're a Philistine. And you probably weren't wrestling in grade school/junior high back in the mid-80s like I was.

MD

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
MikeD said:
That's because, like I said, you're a Philistine. And you probably weren't wrestling in grade school/junior high back in the mid-80s like I was.
MD
Me either... No wrestling for me. I keep thinking of the scene from "The Breakfast Club"....

Bender: I have such a deep admiration for guys who role around on the floor with other guys.
Andrew: You'd never miss it. You don't have any goals.
Bender: Oh, but I do. I want to be just like you. I figure all I need is a lobotomy and some tights.
Brian: You wear tights?
Andrew: No, I do not wear tights. I wear the required uniform.
Brian: Tights.
Andrew: Shut up!

:thumb:

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Ciaran said:
Me either... No wrestling for me. I keep thinking of the scene from "The Breakfast Club"....

Bender: I have such a deep admiration for guys who role around on the floor with other guys.
Andrew: You'd never miss it. You don't have any goals.
Bender: Oh, but I do. I want to be just like you. I figure all I need is a lobotomy and some tights.
Brian: You wear tights?
Andrew: No, I do not wear tights. I wear the required uniform.
Brian: Tights.
Andrew: Shut up!

:thumb:
Well, come on, you already knew about my tendencies towards over-testosteroned all-male funny-clothes wearing organizations and activities, right?

By the way, Sunday was my last day in the Marines... :p For now, lol. We'll see how long it takes them to call me back in.

MD

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
MikeD said:
Well, come on, you already knew about my tendencies towards over-testosteroned all-male funny-clothes wearing organizations and activities, right?

By the way, Sunday was my last day in the Marines... :p For now, lol. We'll see how long it takes them to call me back in.

MD
congrats. (i wrestled in middle school + the middle two years of high school btw. still never heard of that movie altho i guess it was '92ish by the time i was in "middle school.")