Quantcast

60 bucks to ship a frame!!!!!!!!!WTF?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Ridemonkey said:
LOL grasshopper.....

No, what we are talking about here is the huge premium the UPS store slaps on any package you ship from them, size or not.
I've worked for them. There is not much of this phantom "premium" you're talking about. At max when shipping a bike/frame, you might get a 5 dollar surcharge from a UPS Store, provided they even HAVE one. I've worked for both UPS and a UPS Store, shipping prices were typically the same, mostly because the UPS Store wasn't charging a premium. There are no massive financial overburdenings by them, sorry.

The issue here is that you're sending boxes with bikes and frames that are going over the OS3 limit, when they should and can be easily sent within OS2. It's all about box size. Weight usually doesn't matter, unless your package is grossly obese.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
They wanted $30 to ship a front wheel with no tire. I think the cheapest route is to pack it yourself, then bring it to an actual UPS depot, not the UPS store.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Okay...just got word in from the manager of a UPS Store I know...

BIG NOOZ! UPS STORE CHARGES NO PREMIUM OVER THE UPS COUNTER!

:eek:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Also make sure your packaging is as small as it can possibly be. If you exceed a certain size it doesnt matter how much it weighs.... I had a friend go back and cut a couple inches of his frame box. It saved him over 20 bucks!

And UPS store does suck. I curse myself every time i use one.....

J

JRB

xbluethunderx said:
Okay...just got word in from the manager of a UPS Store I know...

BIG NOOZ! UPS STORE CHARGES NO PREMIUM OVER THE UPS COUNTER!

:eek:
More BIG NOOZ. You are wrong whether you admit it or not. You will pay a higher price at UPS Store than you will at the terminal. You also take a chance with them. UPS broke my Dean Jester frame when it was shipped from a UPS Store. It was a pain in the ass to deal with them and the guy paid over $30 to ship the frame with insurance. Not to mention, what is the likelihood that the UPS Store peeps really know how to pack a frame? Do they have the little stiffener bars and what not??? I'll bet know. Know it all :eviltongu

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
hm, yea it'll cost about that if i want to ship my 888 2day to get fixed....