Quantcast

66 reviews

tlproject7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
allright, i downhill alot, and plan on starting to racing. i also freeride. i want some one to convince me to get a 66. i want one for the weight and the freedom of doing tricks. im just worried it not being able to stand up to dh racing. (by the way i have giant faith 2)

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
I really really like mine. I've only raced DH on it once (jr sport) and it worked awesom. If you're gonna be really serious about racing, I'd suggest an 888, but the 66 is definetly DH compatible

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
the fork is perfect do anything from FR-mild DH i love that fork!!

JacobDW

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
Manassas, VA
Im around 250 and run mine through a very tight ringer and she is still pumpin strong. the ONLY problem I have had with mine was it started to make a clicking noise, zoke told me that the spring is just wiggling a little bit, and will most likely re-seat itself after some use, it did and I have had no other problems or complaints since. I LOVE this fork, totally adjustable and very strong.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
rcsx if you get the VF2 you will regret it and wish you spent a little more money one the better fork, with has i believe to have a better feel and more exo ajustablilty.

mosplat

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
Brooklyn <-> Oakland
i have an 05 66rc, and tho i haven't ridden it too much,
(i more often choose the hardtail over the fully),
with a fork like that, the only thing holding you back is yourself.

Spokompton

Monkey
May 15, 2005
Spokane WA
Adam Novatt said:
rcsx if you get the VF2 you will regret it and wish you spent a little more money one the better fork, with has i believe to have a better feel and more exo ajustablilty.
VF2 is much better than the last year's VF

It has external compression and rebound. Along with the fact that it doesn't spike like VF. Much better. Although maybe still not close to the RC2, which is incredible.

BAXTER

Monkey
Jun 25, 2005
THE BURG but missing BOSTON
I raced on one all last year. Never did me wrong. Never placed less than 2nd. I would suggest a HOPE steering damper. Single crown and lite weight was harder for me to control in big ass rock gardens at speed. HOPE helped out tremendously. I raced on a 888 for 03 and 04 and found the 66 to be better when coupled with the HOPE.

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
I've heard that the 06 66's have been lowered 30mm. Think this'll help lower the chances of bending the steer tube on the 170mm versions? I'm interested with throwing one of those on my Dirtbag, and I'd rather wait for the 06s if It'll help any. That RC2x looks awesome, as does the SL.

sampo

Chimp
Nov 21, 2005
Just remember that with the RC2X only one spring is available (stock) so getting the correct spring rate is tricky unless you are ~12-13 stone. The air preload will let you get the right sag, but wont alter the spring rate much.

So if you are around those weights the RC2X is great, if you are not (or want a sub 6lb fork that is as strong as RC2X) then the SL may be a better bet. It has the same main damper as the RC2X and an air end stroke/bottom out system, which does the same kind of thing as the 'X' cart. I'm getting mine this week :-)