Quantcast

66 sl ata and MArz final outcome

gunslingger

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Vancouver, WA
all I can say is that marz service rulz, sent fork on monday have it back today. all fixed and feels even better.

i thought the fork felt great even with the issues so now it is even better.

bottom line is the 66 sl ata rules, buy one!

gunslingger

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Vancouver, WA
got it new on a 2007 closeout, i would venture a guess you will run into the ata windown but until you send it in to get fixed use the zip tie method and you will have no issues. what is great about the fork is you can run t super soft and NEVER bottom out. I was rinding some new section of a trail around here and it was perfect.

i just wanted to spread good word on the web for once...

gunslingger

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Did all the 07 models have the ata wind down? cuz i have one that came stock on my giant glory but didnt have a chance to ride it hard.
though it is an assumption would be yes since the OEM stuff is probably an early run fork. i would venture a guess you may see all the inherent issues. since it is still crappy out send it back now before it has a chance to make you miss a day of riding. i have an o7 glory as well, may i say though this is the best bike I have ever owned, and that is an educated statement coming from owning an intense, turner, foes, and a banshee.

PEACE

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
I think most of the ata's if not all have wind down issues. I have the 07 888 ata and it winds down. i actually did the "fix" where you replace the ata adjuster springs but its gone back to winding down a bit when i take hard hits. Still, the fork is so awesome cause its so adjustable.

gunslingger

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I think most of the ata's if not all have wind down issues. I have the 07 888 ata and it winds down. i actually did the "fix" where you replace the ata adjuster springs but its gone back to winding down a bit when i take hard hits. Still, the fork is so awesome cause its so adjustable.
did you send it back to marz or do it yourself? they told me they changed the placement on the detent screws. the ata knob works differently now, there is a bit of space before the first click.

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
I did the fix myself a good while back. I'm not quite sure what you mean by this space but if you ever decide to take your top cap out for some reason i wouldnt mind seeing the pictures to see how its different. I'm not really sure how they chanded the placement of the screws but i'll take their word on it. I will probably just continue to fix it myself as needed cause i ride my bike too much to be without it for a WHOLE week haha.

Segunda

Chimp
May 7, 2007
Stupid question; what if I where to use an 'unfixed' 07 SL at 140mm only ?
Besides sinking down a little, does it remain rideable or will it explode on me ?

Segunda

Chimp
May 7, 2007
lol, well on a more serious note, from what I've picked up from ao this thread, the whole system is like, 140 mm of base with some 40mm of add-on travel, that seems to wind down. (Right...?)

It seems that (to some people?), this happens quite catastrophical ? ;-)
Since 140 is plenty for me, I don't really care, but, what I _would_ like to know is what happens if I took an 'unfixed' 66 and rode the sh*t out of it at 140mm...
Would it harm the fork (or me) Anybody ? :D

Segunda

Chimp
May 7, 2007
Got the fork, wasted some time on fiddling with the settings but it absolutely rocks !

Did a pretty hard landing/crash today, front-wheeled landing too high gap, managed to bottom it, and after that it went quite soft ! :D
My cheap gauge says I've lost some 15psi, eehm, is that normal/possible ?