Quantcast

661 Body armor

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Which one? I heard they can run big too.

I'm looking at the '05 Pressure suite.... I’m gonna be a bit more gun shy since the 3 ribs broke. I found it for $129.00.

Just to get back into riding is gonna run me about 4 to 500 bucks…. :eek:

I might Bitch now, :mumble: but when I’m riding, It’ll all be worth it. :thumb:

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
Look at the rockgarden stuff.

Much better quality IMHO and more importantly it tends to fit better for bigger dudes like yourself.

steve

farrell

Monkey
Aug 24, 2004
DC
I tried their helmits, leg and arm armor and it was all very small, never tried the pressure suit

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
It depends what model you get. Their original light-duty jacket in XXL fit me like a lobster bib even though that's what size all my shirts are. I sold it to a dude who's 155# soaking wet and with the straps adjusted, it fits him very nicely.

el_gordo

Chimp
Jun 13, 2004
DC (Da Capital)
I had to return Rockgrdn XL for a 661 Pressure Suit XL -- RG was way too small for me (220lbs) and sizing up left the straps in weird places. The 661 fit is a little sloppier, but at least I can zip it up. It was weird because the 661 short sleeve did not even come close to fitting, but thelong sleeve fit. Personally, a new rule for my book is ya gotta buy armor someplace you can try it on (in this case Cambria & Supergo when I was visiting NorCal and Snowshoe back home). Good luck.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
SDH said:
Give the dude at Rock garden a call they could help you with fit. they are really nice guys

No and I am not sponsored by them ;-)
Steve
Yeah, actually I did. I figured they would have a better idea about their own stuff. A much as I liked the 661, from what I could see the Rock Gardn offerd more adjustments and protection.

I should get it on Wen. 7th. I went ahead with their shorts too. They were on sale!

Thanks for the help! :thumb:

SK6