Quantcast

661 Evo Pressure Suit...who's got one?

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
I searched, and havent really found any up to date info. Everything I found was just from when the EVO first came out.

I need to get a good armor suit for Whistler in a few weeks, and Im looking at the Evo, it looks like it is slimmer, lower profile, moves easier, and is probably closer to what I want. But how well does it protect?

Id love to have some real trail reports on the EVO suit. Have any of you crashed hard on it, and did you see any faults of it at all, or did it do exactly what it was supposed to do?

Im trying to buy one ASAP, so post up your reviews or experience with it, and pics if possible.

Also, I think I need a Medium, I'm 5'10" and weigh 150lbs, and I dont have the option of trying one on before purchase. Whats your experience?

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Sizing and fit on this stuff is wacked. I have had a Large Dainese for 8+ years. Their new site says I'm borderline L/M. I found an XL that fit great.

If you can't try it on first, buy from a vendor with a good return policy. To bad REI doesn't sell armor.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
I bought the new Evo suit a couple months ago and have a fair bit of experience with it now. Here's the summary in my experience/opinion:

- Good protection. I was initially afraid that I'd be giving up noticeable protection from my old 'red-piping' 661 suit. However, the Evo suit still provides a lot of protection. I have had one pretty decent wreck onto my shoulder, and the suit worked great- the pads are thicker and give more protection than you would imagine, and they do not slide around.

- Slim. Multiple people have commented on how low profile it is.

- Does not move. This is good and bad- while the pads absolutely stay in place, removing this thing takes an act of Congress.

- Temperature: My back gets hot, but everything else is generally fine.

- Sizing: I'm about 5'11" - 6'0"ish and about 170 lbs, tried on medium and large at Mojo Wheels, and went with the medium. The shoulders were too wide on the size large for me. Other than shoulder width, I could have gone with either size.

Overall, I really like it and I'm glad I got it- the protection is good, it's low profile, doesn't get in the way while riding and doesn't move around. Having a hot back and a difficult time getting it off are small prices to pay for the overall performance, imo.

Here's a pic of me wearing it:

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
Perfect dude, thanks for the info. I just ordered mine today, and should have it by the end of the week. I went with a medium, and think it should fit well!

banj

Monkey
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario
5'9" 150 lbs and I'm wearing a medium. Feels perfect to me. I don't have much time on mine (no crashes) but I'm really happy with the fit so far. It does not move. Like mtg said it's very difficult to remove.