Quantcast

661 Pro Pressure Suit

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
I can get a deal on one of these and I'm kind of considering one. I used to have one of the super-old generation pressure suits (RockGardn predecessor) and it was super bulky. I'm using RockGardn now, and again it's really bulky. Does anyone know how the newer generation pressure suits are? Is it fairly low profile, and does it fit snugly? Can anyone give a comparison to either RockGardn or Dianese armor?

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
I've never ran Dainese, but I've been using the 661 pro suit for a season now & have no complaints.

It's snug, not bulky & hasn't torn or broken in any way.

Plus, I can remove the backpiece & throw the whole thing in the washer & dryer when it get's funky.

Oh, & it's saved my a$$ on a couple occasions.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I recently tried on the newest Rock Garden Flak jacket to replace my old Pro Pressure suit and I was not a fan. Overall the RG Flack was bulkier, heavier and the spine protection stuck out like a camel hump. Despite all that, once it was on, it was fairly comfy, but still way heavy and bulky feeling.

The Pro Pressure Suit is a snug-fitting piece, even for tall, skinny bastard like me. The only drawback I'd say it has it is that the breast plate tends to rise up and rub on my throat. I thought the center zip of a RG Jacket would alleviate that, but the aforementioned drawbacks made it a deal breaker for me.

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007
i have the 661, its not bad, but could be better. I find the chest plate pulls up all the time and the sizing is a little off. The L fits me perfect except for the arms which I just can't fit through, so I have had to cut all the mesh- I'm no super bulky dude either. The XL is sloppy as. The colour is crap too and it just doesn't look cool. Its saved my ass a few times though..

Dec 11, 2007
Lawn Dart Training Center
I have the same complaint about the chest plate moving up, leaving your lower ribs exposed. Other than that the pressure suit is good. Back protection is excellent, nice elbow and forearm coverage, very breathable. I have washed mine dozens of times and its still holding up. Much cheaper than Dainese!

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
What about protection for the lower-abdomen below the ribs? The kidney strap doesn't look like it protects all that well when compared to other pressure suits, and I know I've walked away a crash or two because of that belt on my flakjacket (bulky, as mentioned above)