Quantcast

661 SPD shoe fit...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
hey, just picked up a set of 661 'attack' shoes on blowout from jenson.. arrived today and i m not 100% sure of the fit... typically do these shoes run narrow ??? i haven t used SPDS for years and i wanna give it another shot on my bianchi single speed...

from memory, most of the spd shoes i ever wore run pretty narrow... where do 661 fit in this deal ??? overall the shoes feel ok, not great, but just ok... i could definately go wider, but is this a problem i ll find with most spds ???

thanks

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
N8 said:
Ok.. so you are already drunk then... carry on!

:p
actually not yet... i ve just got home from work... it s 8.52pm here.. time for a few beers...

who can comment on the fit of the freakin devils shoes... i can t believe i m riding devils pedals again... it s all your fault johnE... pr1ck :)

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Yo Paul.
I was wearing the "Launch" shoes last time we were at Winterberg.
They do run pretty narrow and they didnt get any wider. I even tried wearing m during a normal day but they stayed pretty much the same.
I ordered a size bigger then my vans but they were still a little bit too small.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Kevin said:
Yo Paul.
I was wearing the "Launch" shoes last time we were at Winterberg.
They do run pretty narrow and they didnt get any wider. I even tried wearing m during a normal day but they stayed pretty much the same.
I ordered a size bigger then my vans but they were still a little bit too small.
interesting... would you say you have a wide foot kev ??? i m a fricken rock ape, my feet are wide as...

do you still wear the 'launch' shoes ??? comfy ???

i can t decide if i should send em back or just tough it out...

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
partsbara said:
interesting... would you say you have a wide foot kev ??? i m a fricken rock ape, my feet are wide as...

do you still wear the 'launch' shoes ??? comfy ???

i can t decide if i should send em back or just tough it out...
Not like really wide but a little. I sold m because they werent comfortable at all..
I could ride a day or 2 (DH) without hurting myself but they just didnt feel right.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
tough crowd...

cmon, i know all you leg shavers use spds :)... tell me about shoe width...

so i ve had these things on for an hour... i feel like my feet are slowly dying.. i think i ll send em back..

recommendations for a wider brand ?? god, do all spds suck this bad$#@^##^&

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Kevin said:
What are ya gonna ride anyways?
XC or something?
I know Im never gonna buy another shoe then my five tenners for DH/4x.
for serious riding (dh.. dj etc - i ll never use anything else than stealth rubber...) my original intense 5 10s are still holding on (last legs tho')

i want these for riding the single speeds.. climbing in particular :)

dirty word it is...

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
partsbara said:
hey, just picked up a set of 661 'attack' shoes on blowout from jenson.. arrived today and i m not 100% sure of the fit... typically do these shoes run narrow ??? i haven t used SPDS for years and i wanna give it another shot on my bianchi single speed...

from memory, most of the spd shoes i ever wore run pretty narrow... where do 661 fit in this deal ??? overall the shoes feel ok, not great, but just ok... i could definately go wider, but is this a problem i ll find with most spds ???

thanks
did you take the little paper stuck in the toe of the shoe out???:rolleyes:

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
hooples3 said:
did you take the little paper stuck in the toe of the shoe out???:rolleyes:
no genius... :rolleyes:

you are about as helpful as n8... far q you all then ;) so many helpful replies... i m goin snowboarding on the on the matterhorn :blah: