Verskis

Monkey
May 14, 2010
Tampere, Finland
Has anyone used these as a combination?

-661 Subgear shirt
-Leatt Adventure back protector
-Leatt brace

If so, how does it work? Does the Leatt brace fit well?

And is the rear piece of the brace supposed to go under or over the Leatt's back protector? I'd like to wear the Subgear shirt and back protector under the jersey, and the Leatt brace over the jersey (without stuffing the rear piece through the neck opening).

Capricorn

Monkey
Jan 9, 2010
Cape Town, ZA
with Leatt back protector, you remove the removable top bit of the chest plate so front of the brace sits correctly. Otherwise, it's a bit higher than normal, which could impede lid movement.

On the back of the leatt protector, there is a slot for the thoracic bar on the neck brace. If u wear the protector over your jersey, the bar will just slide into that slot.
If you wear your jersey over the back protector, you have two options:
1. cut a slit into your jersey so the brace's spinal bar slides thru the cut into the slot on the back protector
2. remove the top bit of hte back protector so you dont have a slot in which to slide the spinal portion of the brace. Means you can wear the back protector under your jersey without cutting a slit in the jersey.

Cutting a slit is not a biggie: just sew up the edges so make it stronger and so that it doesnt tear further.

Verskis

Monkey
May 14, 2010
Tampere, Finland
Damn, I thought the Leatt back protector had a recess on the outside for the thoracic piece, like this Alpinestars protection jacket:

I really want to have the whole Leatt brace on top of the jersey, makes life easier when I want to wear a jacket (or regular t-shirt) when riding.

Capricorn

Monkey
Jan 9, 2010
Cape Town, ZA
option 2 says you can have the recess. you have to remove the top plate on the backplate of the leatt protector, then the slot becomes a recess. You dont have to cut a slit into your jersey..