Quantcast

661 vapor, Fox Titan suit or Titan knock off?

Drth Vadr

Monkey
Oct 5, 2011
First off, is anyone roc-n the 661 Vapor suit that can give some feedback on fit? I have tried on the Fox and like it, but not the spit it the chest plate. The knock off is almost exactly the same as the Fox, and It's less then half the price of the 2. I have been leaning towards the Vapor, because of the breast plate, and it looks solid, but will still breath.

661 Vapor Pressure Suit at Price Point
Fox Racing Titan Protective Sport Suit: Black; XL | eBay
Motorcycle Full Body Armor Protector Pro Street Motocross ATV Jacket Shirt (Large) : Amazon.com : Automotive

Last edited:

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
The Vapor is very close in construction to my '08 Pro Pressure Suit with some key refinements (better-fitting collar area, longer 'shirt' to the torso, etc.) Pressure Suit sizing runs pretty true to the 661 sizing chart. I'm 6'-1" / 180# and wear the Large.

In retrospect, I should have upgraded to the Vapor when it came out - - it looks much better than mine. Must be time to retire my Pro.

Last edited:

Drth Vadr

Monkey
Oct 5, 2011
Personally, I'm not a fan of anything with long sleeves.

Also, have you tried any of them on?
I look at that this way; I own a pair of scissors and there are plenty of asian laundry in any area of the country that do alterations.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I have the vapour, I like it. fits my beer belly nicely. that said, what I like about the fox and fox clone is the kidney protection, which the vapour ain't got.

Drth Vadr

Monkey
Oct 5, 2011
I have the vapour, I like it. fits my beer belly nicely. that said, what I like about the fox and fox clone is the kidney protection, which the vapour ain't got.
Yeah that's one of the things I like to. The Vapor just acts as a lumbar support. This is turning out to be a tough decsion. I think it's going to come down to price. How do the arm fit on your Vapor?

That knock-off looks bulkier. I like the looks of the 661 Pressure suit.

I've been looking myself and I saw this at Go-ride: http://www.go-ride.com/product/troy-lee-designs-upl-7855-hw-shirt-1390.htm

Apparently it's 'cool'...although there's no hard plastic; just a really dense foam with a softer foam underneath.
I was looking at the TLD to but desided against because I read in was still a hot box and it suck to take off, resulting in tearing at the stitching. Plus if your a crash prone hack (like me) it has no tail bone protection.

Last edited:

Drth Vadr

Monkey
Oct 5, 2011
They're a bit long for me, and tight around my forearms. My shirt sleeve length is 32/33. Nevertheless, they don't move around, even during a crash, and are pretty comfortable.
I have been reading that about 661 gear, but when I tried on the Fox Titan in the size to fit me in the chest and gut my the arms were long to.
So far this is the reason the vapor is winning. check out the side view.
http://www.hucknroll.com/six-six-one-vapor-pressure-suit
http://www.xsportsprotective.com/fox-titan-jacket.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=GoogleProducts&utm_campaign=WizardFeed&utm_content=fox-titan-jacket&Color=Black&Size=L (40-42in chest)&gclid=CLXE9PXu6rICFZSd4Aod83EAcg