Quantcast

661 Vapor Suit

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
It looks way better in black too. For those using the pro pressure suit (which this looks almost identical to anyway), does anyone find the arms guards just slide away in a crash? I was a bit disappointed about that, and was thinking of cutting the arms away entirely (at bicep area) in favour of something else.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
I got the Pro suit at the start of this year and have to honestly say liked my regular Pressure Suit better. The arms gaurds have actually stayed in place a little better for me on the Pro (maybe the fit was just a bit better or the velcro straps cinched better, IDK). But the torso on the Pro suit drives me nuts. The shirt part doesn't come down far enough and the waist band rides too high for my body.

I'm liking the look of the 2010 Core Saver. The torso seems to have been lengthened and they are saying that they've designed it to even better accomodate the Leatt. I'm thinking on getting that and some Race elbow/forearms and selling off the Pro suit.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
I've been using Pressure Suit Pro for 2 seasons. I really like that. But, this year, during a trip to Morzine, I have been riding in a helmet, gloves and knee foam protectors, only, for a week... What a difference! What a freedom of movement! I haven't been riding Plainey track so fast, yet :)
But, not to be totally reckless ;) I think I will get LB and some nice spine protector :)

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
My old red suit (the middle model two years ago) is too short in the torso, so the back strap and the shirt thing ride up all the time. Anyone else have this problem? Have they corrected it?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
My dainese rides up all the time. Pisses me right off and it's supposed to be the best...usually it's not too noticeable on the trail though.

to frango; that's all well and good until you wreck, smash your knee, tear up your elbows, snap your spine, or whatever else. Riding "nude" feels great man, but you'll pay for it if you wreck. Are you less likely to wreck not wearing the suit? Maybe...but when the going gets gnar, the gnar get protected.

jasons

Chimp
Feb 28, 2005
Denver CO
The new Vapor Pressure suit is basically last year's pressure suit body with the Pro Pressure suit plastics at last year's Pressure suit price. It actually fits better than the previous Pro pressure suit and the plastics are now exactly where they belong.

Good observation on the new Core Saver Doug. The body has been lengthened so that it doesn't feel like a belly shirt anymore plus there is one more plate on the back for more back protection.

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I just ordered one of these yesterday. It looks good, features are good, and the price is right. I will report back on how it fits, but I've never owned a pressure suit to compare against.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
Does it still run one size smaller than the regular? My pro suit is an XL, but I fit in a L on the regular suit.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
The sizing is the same as last years regular Pressure suit.
So I'll get large then. Seems weird though, it looks so much like the pro suit I would figure they'd transfer the sizing. However they may have realized its dumb to have 2 types of sizing and now fixed it.

banrider

Monkey
Nov 24, 2004
is there the Core Saver the only 661 suit which is made to be fitted with a Leatt Brace? I hoped this next year all 661 suits could be compatible with the Leatt Brace.....

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
is there the Core Saver the only 661 suit which is made to be fitted with a Leatt Brace? I hoped this next year all 661 suits could be compatible with the Leatt Brace.....
I have a teammate who runs his with a pro pressure suit. It works pretty good.

jasons

Chimp
Feb 28, 2005
Denver CO
All 661 Pressure suits will work with a Leatt. The difference is that the Core Saver has the removable top plates on the back so that the Leatt can be used over the top of the jersey. To use a Leatt with the other suits, you need to either tuck the back of the Leatt into the backplates or remove the backplates.

banrider

Monkey
Nov 24, 2004
cheers for the info...I had thought about removing the top plates but I wasnt sure as tucking the Leatt inside the suit seemed a bit uncomfortable....

the desmondo

Monkey
Mar 7, 2007
Just ordered the new Vapor suit off of Pricepoint for a good price. Looking forward to using it instead of the bulky regular pressure suit.
Anyone with feedback actually have the new Vapor suit?