Quantcast

unskilled

Monkey
Jul 12, 2007
I keep getting conflicting reports about 661's build quality for things like gloves. I need to get a new par of gloves and was wondering about which ones last.

also if anyone has tried the evolution helmet that just came out i'd be curious to see what they think of it.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
I've used their gloves, shoes, and helmet. Granted, when chewed on by my dogs, the gloves were shot (what gloves wouldn't be??). They were the real lightweight, xc ones, and the stitching was coming out any way. The replacement ones I got from them have held up very well, and I've used them for the last 2 seasons, and should get another 1 or 2 out of them.

Rover Nick

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
I've had mixed expieriences with 661. For example their helmets are awesome awesome, their shoes are crap. Came apart in like a month and a half

aj-monkey

Monkey
Oct 11, 2007
Squampton, BC
I rocked the Airflow last season and can assure you it was the best glove i've ever worn!!!! Used to ride with no gloves as i feel more comfortable, however i couldn't afford the torn up hands anymore! These we're the closest thing to not having gloves on but protected me well in the event of a crash!!! No problems as far as seams etc....... I look forward to purchasing a new pair as mine we're stolen this fall! Go em....... you cant go wrong!

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
I have the descend gloves, they're nice as well, just the rubber grippy strips on the fingers peeled off after about a month.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I run Fox dirtpaw gloves Super tough, comfortable, durable, grippy and best part is they are the only ones I found in 4 XL... They fit right on and take a beating.
However I love my Kyle straight soft pads and have the new evos on BO, they are the most comfortable pad to date as well as I have hammered them and they take it no prob...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
661 gear is somewhat good, somewhat bad. The helmets are good, knee and Elbow pads will depend on the person, Body armor is wonderfull, an the gloves, for myself, are a let down. I have yet to get a pair of 661 gloves that will hold up for a season, let alone a tumble.

With that said, know that different gear fits different people better and worse.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
I like their helmets, they fit me better than Giro. I like their pro-suit better than the Fox armor I used to have.

I'm on the fence on their gloves though.