Quantcast

666 Fried day 999

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yo!

At work, cleaning my personal belongings out of my desk, in anticipation of the office reorganizing. First time back to the office in over a month. Neat.

Ride last night felt like a chore, owing to the heat and humidity.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Some good amount of rain last night. Trails should be prime again, temps are lower though.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
And the heat wave is over, might hit 75 today but its going to get windy as fuck. Currently blowing at 15 going up to 30 with higher gusts by noon. We had a wind driven 100 acre fire just east of here yesterday and the hills are bone dry and with this wind we could get the first big fire of the year. Work> same old shit.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Friday indeed. First 5 day work week in like, what, two months? Traffic last night sucked, it almost seemed normal. :(

My right leg has been badly irritated the last few days, huge red spot where it got jammed in the tire and seat stay on the bike two weekends ago. Skin is quite yellow around the area too, I must have hit it harder than I thought.

Anyways...onto this work thing, but realistically I'm probably going to spend a bunch of time today looking at Trailforks dreaming of a trip to Quebec in search of @Jozz 's steeps. And maybe plan a route for tomorrow.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I am unemployed today. Old job ended yesterday, and new job starts Monday. I have a call with New Boss today to go over the onboarding plan.

I hit the high school track this morning for a 6.2 mile jog. It was warm, humid, and raining. Lousy conditions, but it keeps the walkers away.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
power came back for us around dinner last night. not a great day for power to be out, it was 90°F and humid. thankfully our basement rarely goes above 70 so the kids were able to hang out here and play legos when they weren't outside. spent my day cleaning up trees and downfall limbs in my yard and neighbors. some neighborhoods adjacent to ours still don't have power, was told by another neighbor it might not be back on for them until saturday or sunday. went around the neighborhood, still a lot of trees down. say a big 3' diameter tree still hanging on a (closed) street not far from us.

more storms today, calling for 2-3 inches of rain. hopefully that doesn't knock our power out again. might run out and fill up jerry cans just in case. so much for riding this weekend.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
power came back for us around dinner last night. not a great day for power to be out, it was 90°F and humid. thankfully our basement rarely goes above 70 so the kids were able to hang out here and play legos when they weren't outside. spent my day cleaning up trees and downfall limbs in my yard and neighbors. some neighborhoods adjacent to ours still don't have power, was told by another neighbor it might not be back on for them until saturday or sunday. went around the neighborhood, still a lot of trees down. say a big 3' diameter tree still hanging on a (closed) street not far from us.

more storms today, calling for 2-3 inches of rain. hopefully that doesn't knock our power out again. might run out and fill up jerry cans just in case. so much for riding this weekend.
That is why I have a generator capable of running my home AC and more.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Climb Belcher?

Don't even know what that is or entails, but ya'll always rave about it, so.... :busted:

95% do-able steep climb, but the 5% is loose baby heads and steep step ups that you walk and you've generally got the sun beating down on your back for all of it and the heat reflecting back from the rocky ground.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

95% do-able steep climb, but the 5% is loose baby heads and steep step ups that you walk and you've generally got the sun beating down on your back for all of it and the heat reflecting back from the rocky ground.
Don't forget the maraca sneks.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
feeling kinda crappy...need to go to bed earlier and drink less for a bit, methinks.

gotta do a few things for work, then some chores. was hoping to get a ride in this afternoon, but we'll have to see where the thunderstorms go.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
feeling kinda crappy...need to go to bed earlier and drink less for a bit, methinks.
Same... the evening flies by when having a few beers outside in the nice weather.

And our cat has been jumping on the bed every damn morning at 5:30am. Worse than those fucking birds.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Fever status: 99-101 range over the last 24 hours. Hanging out under the covers, watching King of the Hill on Hulu. Got a work conference call in a few hours.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I pedaled into work this morning. Long route takes me 38-40 minutes at my preferred (lazy) pace.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I am unemployed today. Old job ended yesterday, and new job starts Monday. I have a call with New Boss today to go over the onboarding plan.

I hit the high school track this morning for a 6.2 mile jog. It was warm, humid, and raining. Lousy conditions, but it keeps the walkers away.
No in between jobs vacation seems like a miss?

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
You're killing me Midge, I want to ride today before the week of rain and snowy weather blows in, but I will probably wind up working instead.

It's a shame my boss (me) is such an asshole...

My sister-in-law and family are driving to meet us 2/3rd of the way from Chicago in Spearfish SD in 2 weeks, so I should just bring my bike and try to find some non-cowpie singletrack as I was and remain unimpressed by the Maah Dah Hey despite all the fanbois...

I'm starting to get stabby / grumpy about another summer's lost riding goals.

Attachments

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Anyways...onto this work thing, but realistically I'm probably going to spend a bunch of time today looking at Trailforks dreaming of a trip to Quebec in search of @Jozz 's steeps. And maybe plan a route for tomorrow.
You won't find Moustache, Petit Poney and Desspussyto on trailfork. But if you ever make it to Quebec in the Laurentians, I'll be happy to give you a tour. :)

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Same... the evening flies by when having a few beers outside in the nice weather.

And our cat has been jumping on the bed every damn morning at 5:30am. Worse than those fucking birds.
Me three.

rode last night and slid out trying to "inside" an off camber corner. landed on my shoulder and slid on my head for a bit. jacked my left thumb, and right wrist. broke my xtr shifter (but brake levers were fine... weird). Slept maybe 9 hours in the last two nights. I feel kind of drunk right now. but I haven't drank.

trying to work, but also staring at the new dishwasher that I need to install...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
they're not that complicated I find. but it turns out my new dishwasher did not ship with the hardware to hardwire it... and that's a special order that won't arrive till next Wednesday. :rant:
There's always something that's a PITA with dishwasher installation. Also - having all the connections happen in the 2" under the tub SUCKS.

And invariably something leaks once you have installed it and you have to fuck with it some more. :mad:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
they're not that complicated I find. but it turns out my new dishwasher did not ship with the hardware to hardwire it... and that's a special order that won't arrive till next Wednesday. :rant:
I remember as a kid, my dad always had a dishwasher. But I don't think it ever ran when we the kids were around. I always got dibs on being the washer, drying dishes after a family dinner with 7 people SUCKS. :busted: