Quantcast

666 Fry Day 999

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Seems the property we were going to scope has been sold. We know we are 3-6 months out from listing ours, so no point in getting too excited anyway. I do love to window shop, though.

Also looking like a moto will have to wait until Winter, but a newish bikey is still in play. Hope to ride this weekend, actually. Take the pooch and hit the woods.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
half day . . . then off to check out some trails that just got rebuilt after taking a direct hit from a tornado last year. looks like another beautiful day out there.

@Adventurous - you staying in CO or moving out of state?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Spent $23 on 12oz of coffee. and I'm dissapointed. Heart coffee = overrated. We have local roasters as good, if not better here at home. But it's not a total loss I guess, because it's still coffee, and it still tastes good.

Still pondering doing a "brew donkey" tour tonight. It's a bus that takes you to a few local breweries for the evening. Tonight's tour starts at a distillery... my only hesitation is a) I'd have to leave work early, and b) it's a group of people I do not know. Typing that out made me realize I'm a fucking pvssy. I guess I'm going on a brew donkey tour tonight!

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Not sure what happened last night, but I woke up with a full on Wayne Static hair do. House hold shit, then hauling the women-folk up the hill to spend the night in Salida.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
half day . . . then off to check out some trails that just got rebuilt after taking a direct hit from a tornado last year. looks like another beautiful day out there.

@Adventurous - you staying in CO or moving out of state?
No idea, we have no place we are targeting at the moment. Just going to hit the road and see where it takes us. Me, I'm angling for British Columbia or Alberta. I've always wanted to be an immigrant. :rofl:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
No idea, we have no place we are targeting at the moment. Just going to hit the road and see where it takes us. Me, I'm angling for British Columbia or Alberta. I've always wanted to be an immigrant. :rofl:
Its too bad there's that whole prairie and midwest bullcrap in the way, because as usual I'd suggest hitting up Quebecz. :busted:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Have you sold your Tacoma for more than new MSRP yet?

Today my wife has a 2nd round interview with a local school: teaching music to a class of kindergarteners. I'm taking the kids to school in the same unfortunate Altima rental from yesterday's shenanigans–it's lucky that I'm on a rotation with a capable fellow who can cover things until I roll in late.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Have you sold your Tacoma for more than new MSRP yet?

Today my wife has a 2nd round interview with a local school: teaching music to a class of kindergarteners. I'm taking the kids to school in the same unfortunate Altima rental from yesterday's shenanigans–it's lucky that I'm on a rotation with a capable fellow who can cover things until I roll in late.
was i asleep....did i miss something...why are you renting a altima?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
skiing, gardening, fly fishing, hiking, bike fixin' kinda' weekend.
have an insufferable case of FTS, so a big middle finger to all you punk MC's.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm not talking about Montreal. Keep going... I've never had a bad experience in Quebec.
you are correct.

my bad.
:hmm: my experience, and that of pretty much everyone I've spoken with has been the exact, polar opposite.

It's been bad enough that we've sworn off doing family vacations in the area, and I've pretty much turned down any opportunity to do bike trips there, preferring to go to Vermont, which is the same distance. (though I have to say, the Sentiers du moulin are exerting an almighty pull)

I can pass as a local there, but my wife and her family are pretty anglo, which seems to warrant them a lot of scorn... Like you said: pass.

Montreal on the other hand has generally been far more welcoming to me. I always found it far more cosmopolitan.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Still pondering doing a "brew donkey" tour tonight. It's a bus that takes you to a few local breweries for the evening. Tonight's tour starts at a distillery... my only hesitation is a) I'd have to leave work early, and b) it's a group of people I do not know. Typing that out made me realize I'm a fucking pvssy. I guess I'm going on a brew donkey tour tonight!
When the wife and I were still dating we did a Christmas pub crawl she had a Groupon for. We were old enough to be everyone else's parents, but we had the best time. :rofl:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:brow: my experience, and that of pretty much everyone I've spoken with has been the exact, polar opposite.

It's been bad enough that we've sworn off doing family vacations in the area, and I've pretty much turned down any opportunity to do bike trips there, preferring to go to Vermont, which is the same distance. (though I have to say, the Sentiers du moulin are exerting an almighty pull)

I can pass as a local there, but my wife and her family are pretty anglo, which seems to warrant them a lot of scorn... Like you said: pass.

Montréal on the other hand has generally been far more welcoming to me. I always found it far more cosmopolitan.
Strange, maybe I just don’t pay attention to the clues enough.

Everyone in the Vallee bras du nord area were very friendly. Same with all the time spent at Bromont.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Strange, maybe I just don’t pay attention to the clues enough.

Everyone in the Vallee bras du nord area were very friendly. Same with all the time spent at Bromont.
Yeah, I spent time in Quebec City proper, and in Baie St Paul and Le Massif. It's not so much people being rude, as much as curt. Not much chit chat, no desire to engage, no curiosity about where you come from. Very transactional. But those are tourist areas, so maybe it's just tourist fatigue. But I can't say I've ever felt that in Vermont (except maybe in Burke at Kingdom. but that may also have been the Quebecers there too... who knows :tinfoil:). In general, I've found Vermonters to be a really friendly bunch. It's just nice to go there to hang out.

Maybe VBdN is a little different, and bike culture dominates... I'll have to test my theory! And Bromont is closer to Montreal and Vermont...

It could possibly also be a question of the language/culture wars here in Canada, where we're all really hyper-attuned to that sort of thing.

There's no doubting it's a beautiful place, and there's lots of friendly people there. I've just found there's a lot of a-holes there too.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
was i asleep....did i miss something...why are you renting a altima?
Long story short: ended up inheriting the RAV4 EV from my wife. It is insufficient to get me to skiing, so I sold it and ordered first one car then another, ultimately a Volvo XC40. Said Volvo is still not here so I've been renting vehicles and Ubering around for a bit. I wasn't anticipating skiing, thus the poor choice of an Altima for the past two days.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Long story short: ended up inheriting the RAV4 EV from my wife. It is insufficient to get me to skiing, so I sold it and ordered first one car then another, ultimately a Volvo XC40. Said Volvo is still not here so I've been renting vehicles and Ubering around for a bit. I wasn't anticipating skiing, thus the poor choice of an Altima for the past two days.
you should get a brodozer like nick

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Neighbors kids had today off from school. They decided to climb onto my roof via my ladder. While they were up there I removed the ladder and called the cops. I had warned their Mom the last time they were up there. Dad came by and asked me to let them down. I said no. Cops came and took them away. Poor Rodrigo is already on probation for tagging my building and breaking into their neighbors garages. Dad threatened me in front of the cop. She (The cop) took him away too. I don't need this shit. I did the right thing...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Gave up on study early last night; too tired from the rest of the week. Date night with Wifey tonight. 1x1 meeting with manager later this afternoon. I totally forgot about an assignment and missed a deadline of yesterday COB. Got it to him this AM before he even came in and he left with me, but I'm sure I'm going to hear about it. Otherwise, lots of errands and study this weekend. Giddy.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Gave up on study early last night; too tired from the rest of the week. Date night with Wifey tonight. 1x1 meeting with manager later this afternoon. I totally forgot about an assignment and missed a deadline of yesterday COB. Got it to him this AM before he even came in and he left with me, but I'm sure I'm going to hear about it. Otherwise, lots of errands and study this weekend. Giddy.
COB deadlines are pointless unless it's something being handed off to a group in another time zone.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Last day at work. I anticipate doing a lot of nothing, with a multi-beer lunch in the middle.