Quantcast

666MondayGMT999

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Just finished running the last board meeting of our fiscal year (first year I've had full direct management reaponsibility). Beer seems like the appropriate thing now...

• My garage door opener and outlets on that side of the garage stopped working. Decided that diagnosis of that required excavation to provide access to the breaker box which is on Hilarie's side. Postponed action.
  • Went over to the camp Sunday to find water coming out of the front wall of the camp. The transparent part of the filter for the hot water heater had failed. Went to Martin's and bought a new filter. Good on them for having it.
  • Today we did some massive excavation on Hilarie's side of the garage, throwing out a bunch of stuff and cleaning. Got to the breaker box, none tripped. Decided we were done about 6 PM, so Hilarie backs her car in and closes the garage door. Wham - one of the springs breaks.
  • I replace the spring. When putting away the stepladder, I notice the ground fault outlet on my side and trip and reset it. Bingo, everything working again.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
  • My garage door opener and outlets on that side of the garage stopped working. Decided that diagnosis of that required excavation to provide access to the breaker box which is on Hilarie's side. Postponed action.
  • Went over to the camp Sunday to find water coming out of the front wall of the camp. The transparent part of the filter for the hot water heater had failed. Went to Martin's and bought a new filter. Good on them for having it.
  • Today we did some massive excavation on Hilarie's side of the garage, throwing out a bunch of stuff and cleaning. Got to the breaker box, none tripped. Decided we were done about 6 PM, so Hilarie backs her car in and closes the garage door. Wham - one of the springs breaks.
  • I replace the spring. When putting away the stepladder, I notice the ground fault outlet on my side and trip and reset it. Bingo, everything working again.
Zero to hero just like that. Good work...

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Granite Mountain.
Dude. That mountain is my nemesis. 12 years ago I decided that I would climb up in early winter for an epic ski run. I watched the sun rise as I hiked up by myself and felt good! I got up to that damn lookout, and had a snack or whatever while I picked a route. I like steeps. And this was early season, which I read as low avalanche danger. So I kick on my skis and find the steepest looking little gnar spot and drop in like a boss. Only... that early season snow that hadn't seen freshies in a week was solid ICE. My skis wouldn't even hold an edge and the chatter released the bindings. I went tumbling straight down through a rock field and had time to repeat several times in my head "get your feet down, you might die here, just try to get your feet down." I made it halfway back down the mountain through that rock field. Every part of me hurt, there was a ski in the snow like a lance right next to my head and another behind my back. My helmet, back pack, and ski boots saved me. I don't know how I was able to walk down with knees like softballs, but holy shit that was a defining moment in my life. And then I went to meet up with my buddies and smoked weed for the first time ("Try this, it'll help!") :drag: I went to my mom's that night.... she took one look at my battered body and just started bawling. Good thing I'm a Leo, that took one of my 9 lives! ;)

Hike it. Tell that bitch I say hello. And that I'm coming.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Dude. That mountain is my nemesis. 12 years ago I decided that I would climb up in early winter for an epic ski run. I watched the sun rise as I hiked up by myself and felt good! I got up to that damn lookout, and had a snack or whatever while I picked a route. I like steeps. And this was early season, which I read as low avalanche danger. So I kick on my skis and find the steepest looking little gnar spot and drop in like a boss. Only... that early season snow that hadn't seen freshies in a week was solid ICE. My skis wouldn't even hold an edge and the chatter released the bindings. I went tumbling straight down through a rock field and had time to repeat several times in my head "get your feet down, you might die here, just try to get your feet down." I made it halfway back down the mountain through that rock field. Every part of me hurt, there was a ski in the snow like a lance right next to my head and another behind my back. My helmet, back pack, and ski boots saved me. I don't know how I was able to walk down with knees like softballs, but holy shit that was a defining moment in my life. And then I went to meet up with my buddies and smoked weed for the first time ("Try this, it'll help!") :drag: I went to my mom's that night.... she took one look at my battered body and just started bawling. Good thing I'm a Leo, that took one of my 9 lives! ;)

dangerbunny

You fucking rule.