Quantcast

66rc How hard is it to change travel?

hilldown

Chimp
Aug 30, 2005
Oroville, CA
I hear that you can change the travel on the 66rc from 150mm to 170mm? I know there isnt a knob on the fork (or is there?) but is it possible to up the travel, and how do you do it? Thanks guys,

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
You can't do it externally. You have to buy a travelchange kit from zocchi. I think that is different size cartridges that you switch out. I think its about $100.

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
I searched it because I have the same question.

Kind of unclear on the RC model. I read both yes and no. Seems to be an RC vs VF thing.

However several w/ the RC say it is a matter of opening the forks and shuffling a couple spacers around. I even saw pictures.. unclear if the fork was an RC though.

But, what model year fork year are we talking about ? (might matter, not sure)

I attached what appears to be a Marzocchi document. ANd it does say 66RC. take a peek:

Attachments

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
gmac said:
I searched it because I have the same question.

Kind of unclear on the RC model. I read both yes and no. Seems to be an RC vs VF thing.

However several w/ the RC say it is a matter of opening the forks and shuffling a couple spacers around. I even saw pictures.. unclear if the fork was an RC though.

But, what model year fork year are we talking about ? (might matter, not sure)

I attached what appears to be a Marzocchi document. ANd it does say 66RC. take a peek:
---
great info..
that link is great..Straightforward pics ! :thumb: