Quantcast

66rc

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
i'm posting this here cause i didn't get very many hits in the freeride forum.... i just picked up a 66rc for my stinky, and i was wondering who out there has one and what they think. i'm tall and heavy(6'2" 230lbs.) i absolutely hated that piece of crap dropofftriple that came on the bike. i'm hoping to make it feel like the shiver on my downhill sled, or like the 888rc's my friends have and alot of you probably also have. any setup tips or advice would be great! thanx....

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
Got a 66RC on my V10 & love it...
I have it setup with stock springs -apx 4psi of air i think for preload ea. side.
I don't count compression or rebound turns but just click em & leave em..
Never checked the oil height-so i don't know..It came on a Faith from a bike shop employee,so i'm sure he checked it..

Also i have had a Shiver--MonsterT-- 02Boxxer, & the 66RC feels somewhat refined compared to those others...It's the best fork i have ever had.NO complaints. I wish i could help you,but i say just set the adjusters/air preload and go ride..BUT you may want to get a stiffer set of springs dood being 230# ..Zip-tie your stantions & see how much travel you get farting around...Save 1" for the big hits. I can't get 170mm just jumping up & down on the bike in the driveway...

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
screw the stinky, after seeing your v-10, i wanna put the 66 on my canfield bros.! that fork looks sweeeeeeet on your santacruz!

hilldown

Chimp
Aug 30, 2005
Oroville, CA
I spent a few years of my life there. I love that little town, I lived right in front of the cemetery. Its so small I couldnt help but wonder if you went to the same school as me. Well enough of that, what travel did you get on your RC?

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
i love that shiver on my fatty! thats why she doesn't have a 888rc, i can't bear to part w/that fork! the 66rc goes on the stinky for now...... it is my cross country bike ya know, and all xc bikes need a nice sc fork! :thumb: