Quantcast

66rc2 base settings

Jan 20, 2006
high point
Just bought me a banshee scream with a 66 rc2eta and im trying to get the front fork to a base setting. Im 170 lbs, and just ride. 10' drops is about as big as I go. alot of skinnys/rock drops/ and occasional dirtjump. Im looking for a base setting for the rebound and compression along with maybe a air setting. Right now I have the rebound set half way, and compression 5 turns out from being all the way turned in. Air pressure is unknown at the moment but I have done about a 4 foot drop off a warehouse dock to flat and the front suspension only used about 4.5 of travel.
Also it feels good on the big bumps/jumps but the small things at fast hits feel rough.
Thanks for any advice

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Im 170 and run NO air in my 66 ETA. Your settings sound about right.
There is another knob on the lower leg. I run 5 clicks. If you ever want to sell the fork PM me.

Jan 20, 2006
high point
I beleive thats how I have myn set up. The upper knob says R (for rebound im guessing) set at 5 turns out...and then I have the Red knob that says compression also set around 5 turns out. It just feel as if it handles the drops and jumps perfect, but riding down the trail and hitting roots/rocks at fast speed is where it act like it isnt as smooth as it should be (locked out ) feeling