Quantcast

66vf

PARA

Chimp
Apr 29, 2005
Hey,

I got a question about the zocchi 66vf,
are those forks good for street, dj ?
I'm building my first hardtail bike, a Toy 3, and i want ride street, dj with it, and make drops etc.
I heard good things about those forks, only is 150mm travel not to much ?
Some ppl say they are to big, but if you look to a DJ2 (110mm) thats 40mm smaller, they are good for street.
Maby i got it wrong, but 40mm is nothing in my eye's ... so my question is are they to big for street and dj ??

(srry for bad english)

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
no, its a free ride fork, they are very good forks, but this much for street & dj is too much. firstly the axel to crown is humongous! and second you pedaling would be so inefficent with this fork, because its soft and plush. unlike dj & strret forks which usually dont even have bob, because they are so stiff. look into the dirtjumper series from marzocchi and the sheman jumper or sherman flick from manitou

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
It's no good for street, unless you buy the kit sold by (I can't remember the name) Nemasis?? They make hardtail frames out of sacramento, (pinkbike did a write up on them back in like october) they make a kit to reduce the travel on the 66 to 80 or 100mm. with that kit it'd be good for street. 150mm is way too much.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
id say pick up a flick or flick +, can crank it down for street and then pop it back up for drops and dh, best of both worlds

offdawalley

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
hella over the rainbow
I see what you are saying about 40mm, if you look on a ruler its nothing, but it really rakes out the bike, its so tall, and its more designed around trails so it would be more plush, but not as stiff as a dirt jumper 1 or 2, I would say go with a dj 1 or 2, or a sherman

aznfreerdr08

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Concord, CA
ya, 40 mm doesnt seem like much but it is like an inch and a half, and it will probably rake ur bike a lil too muchtry and stay below 120 atleast

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Don't do it. My friend has a Chameleon with a z150 and its super raked and plush and bad for jumping compared to my other friend who has a Chameleon with a DJ1.